Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 21st 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default New Eton/Grundig portable

Universal Radio has listed a new portable, The G3 Voyageur. About the
same as G5 with one BIG difference. It has Synchranous Detection !!
Lets hope it is a viable form of this useful feature. So many other
attempts at this feature have come up dry. The E1 works great, as does
the Drake R8B. The Icom IC-75 was a flopperoo in this department.
I'm totally happy with my new Grundig Satellit 750 - great tabletop/
portable, especially with a good outdoor antenna.
But I need a small portable for travel, and when on the fly, so will
wait until new year when Universal says the new G3 will be availble.
No price listed yet. http://universal-radio.com/
Use menu to navigate, on opening page.
Good Listening to All from SW4ever...