Old December 31st 08, 07:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default CHU - 7850

Info on CHU QSY (change of frequency, for those in Glendale) posted for those
not subscribed to DXLD from whence this info comes from:

** CANADA. Hello Raymond, I am wondering exactly when you plan to close down the

7335 transmitter and fire up the 7850? Right at 0000 UT Jan 1 would seem to be a

bad time, as it could interfere with the leap-second adjustment. Regards, (Glenn

Hauser to Raymond Pelletier, CHU, Dec 30, via DXLD)

Hello Glenn, Since we have only one transmitter and one antenna for 40 meters,
the change will occur in steps. The 7335 kHz will be shut down on the afternoon
of Dec 31. A coil at the base of the antenna will be changed. The transmitter
will be turned on and tuned to 7850 and the carrier will continue. The audio
will be applied just before 00:00 UTC. I will monitor the leap second at that
time.

The leap second is all done automatically. For any system that looks for the
leap second information, such as NTP, should have picked up the leap second
warning bit by now. These systems know how to do the leap second, once the leap
bit is received, even if they lose radio signal.

QSL cards will be available to those who send us reception reports on the new
frequency (Raymond Pelletier, National Research Council of Canada, Dec 30, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

I thought they were getting a new transmitter at the same time (gh)
(via DXLD)

So, it looks as though I'll have a recorder going on the 7850 frequency while
listening to the end of one year and the start of a new one on the BBC.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

CHU Moving to 7850 Thomas Shortwave 6 December 16th 08 07:02 AM
FA: KENWOOD TR-7850 Sells Today $49.00 [email protected] Swap 0 August 27th 06 01:55 PM
Questions on Kenwood TS-7850 - PL module. J. Teske Equipment 1 July 28th 05 05:32 PM
FA: KENWOOD TR-7850 FM TRANSCEIVER, 2-MTRS>HVY-DUTY Rich WA2RQY Equipment 0 September 18th 04 03:16 PM
Is it possible to modify this radio? kenwood tr-7850 RCM Homebrew 0 September 12th 04 04:34 AM