Old December 31st 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default CHU - 7335

CHU departed 7335 sometime between 2100 and 2110 as I was listening to
Moscow on 7330 for any New Year festivities.

Now it's off to it's new home on 7850, hopefully by 0000 GMT.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 31st 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Jon wrote:

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:16:58 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

CHU departed 7335 sometime between 2100 and 2110 as I was listening to
Moscow on 7330 for any New Year festivities.

Now it's off to it's new home on 7850, hopefully by 0000 GMT.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

It's been on 7335 since I was a kid a long time ago. Another page of
the history book has turned.

Best wishes for a safe and Happy New Year to you Ace.

I still remember CHU announcing EST rather than UTC, as you probably do as well.

Have a safe and Happy New Year yourself.

Next up here, hopefully, will be the full strike of Big Ben at 0000. Last year,
heard them on 7105 (Alas, getting even difficult to hear the full strike, as not
broadcasting to NA these days) and they continue to use that freq. Another
possibility is 9740.

I started keeping a logbook (don't normally do that) for reception of the full
strike of Big Ben, and I have entries back to 1987. Hope to keep up the
tradition of making the entry this New Year.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 1st 09, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default CHU is now on 7850 kHz plus WWV and WWVH are Still There on 2.5 MHz;2.5 MHz; 5 MHz; 10 MHz and 15 MHz

On Dec 31, 3:54*pm, "VegasNightOwl"
wrote:
Listening to CHU on 7850 in Las Vegas, NV at 2352z. *Signal is copiable with
accouncer mentioning the frequency change.

VegasNightOwl

wrote:

[...]

World Time = 00:15 UTC to 00:45 UTC on 1 JAN 2009
Local PST = 4:15 PM to 4:45 PM on 31 DEC 2008

CHU from Ontario, Canada
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHU_(callsign)
CHU on 7850 kHz in French and English along with the
Frequency Change Message from 7335 to 7850 kHz.
However 0n 7855 kHz [LSB] some Spanish Speaking
Radio Operators were interfering with CHU's signal.

WWV from Colorado and WWVH from Hawaii
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWV_(radio_station)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWVH
2500 kHz heard Male Voice from WWV 'Only'
5000 kHz heard Male Voice from WWV 'Only'
10,000 kHz heard Female Voice from WWVH and Male Voice from WWV
15,000 kHz heard Female Voice from WWVH 'Only'
20,000 kHz heard nothing.

QUESTION - The Male Voice now used on WWV is said
to be "Lee Rodgers" : Is this the same Lee Rodgers who
is the Morning Radio 5 AM ~ 9 AM Talk Show Host on
KSFO-AM 560 kHz in the SF Bay Area ?
http://www.ksfo560.com/showdj.asp?DJID=11187

yes i heard it on the ray-di-oh ~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA -USA-

CHU moving from 7335? bw Shortwave 0 November 13th 08 06:54 AM
CHU Will Stay On 7335 Jake Brodsky Shortwave 0 February 25th 07 03:40 AM
Future of CHU 7335 kHz in doubt The Poet Shortwave 0 October 19th 06 12:23 PM