Old January 22nd 09, 05:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WOON - QSL

On Jan 21, 3:01*pm, dxAce wrote:
Received an email QSL (verie, for those in Glendale) today from WOON, 1240,
Woonsocket, RI, for their DX Test on January 18, 2009.

Letter from Dave Richards, President/GM, states in part, "I believe yours was
WOON's first reported reception from the state of Michigan, where my daughter
attends college in Grand Rapids."

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Good job Steve, first from Michigan says it all IMO. Congrats. :-)
Old January 22nd 09, 10:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

BCBlazysusan wrote:

On Jan 21, 3:01 pm, dxAce wrote:
Received an email QSL (verie, for those in Glendale) today from WOON, 1240,
Woonsocket, RI, for their DX Test on January 18, 2009.

Letter from Dave Richards, President/GM, states in part, "I believe yours was
WOON's first reported reception from the state of Michigan, where my daughter
attends college in Grand Rapids."

Good job Steve, first from Michigan says it all IMO. Congrats. :-)

Thanks. I was using the Drake R8 and the 200' W-E wire at the time. Would have been
nice to be able to hear the jingles and other announcements during the test but
1240 is just a cacophony of sound that only the CW could penetrate here.

Looking forward to future tests.

dxAce
Michigan
USA