Old March 12th 09, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HD-Radio

On Mar 9, 3:34*pm, Bart Bailey wrote:
In posted on
Mon, 09 Mar 2009 06:13:45 -0700, dave wrote: Begin *

PocketRadio wrote:
On Mar 8, 4:07?pm, Bart Bailey wrote:
Saw a fairly good blowout price on a tabletop Accurion, had only
recently heard of them, seems fairly decent quality, good fit-'n-finish,
made in China.
AMBCB was somewhat of a disappointment as there are only two stations I
could get here in SoCal with the inferior low-gain supplied indoor loop,
KNX 1070 and KOGO 600 and they both only showed their call sign and no
program info, KNX did say it was in Los Angeles. ?The FMBCB on the other
hand was a pleasant surprise with many stations offering sub channels
and the local Public Broadcasting station, KPBS 89.5, offering two. I
know there's been lots of talk about the bandwidth ?hogging aspect of
HD-AMBCB, maybe that could be dropped, but the digitally encoded
sub-channels of FMBCB don't seem to have any more negative effect than
the long standing presence of SCA services, which aren't even noticed
when tuning. I don't regret having a nice sounding tabletop that I can
control via an IR remote, even if all HD goes away.

You are nothing but a botom-feeder shill for HD Radio. The Accurian is
one of the bigger POS HD radios. HD Radio has failed to generate any
consumer interest. Terrestrial radio is on the verge of bankruptcy.

Radio should not be treated like some kind of cash cow. *It should be
used for promoting the free interchange of ideas and artistic
expression, and for the ownership to tell us what they think of America.

Put your own station on the air and implement your ideas,
since I think were both in SoCal, I might be able to receive it
and I'll give you my feedback.- Hide quoted text -

http://townhall.com/columnists/Frank...&comments=true