Old March 15th 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Russia may base bombers in cuba

Monitoring opportunities?

http://news.mobile.msn.com/en-us/art...1&aid=29691183
(via SmokeyKat, MilCom list)

That photo sure brings back memories. I remember those boys buzzing us from time
to time just above the deck and a few hundred feet away. We'd wave at each
other!

Later, I remember monitoring them as they transited along the east coast USA,
sending position reports in Russian Morse. At the time there was an article in
either PopCom or Monitoring Times giving details on how to decode those posit
reports.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 15th 09, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

Default (OT) : Russia May Base Bombers in Cuba : Obama-Regime© Does Nothing to Protect America's Sovereignty

On Mar 15, 9:34*am, dxAce wrote:

- Monitoring opportunities?
-
- http://news.mobile.msn.com/en-us/art...1&aid=29691183
- (via SmokeyKat, MilCom list)
-
- That photo sure brings back memories.
- I remember those boys buzzing us from time
- to time just above the deck and a few hundred feet away.
- We'd wave at each other!
-
- Later, I remember monitoring them as they
- transited along the east coast USA, sending
- position reports in Russian Morse. At the time
- there was an article in either PopCom or
- Monitoring Times giving details on how to
- decode those posit reports.
-
- dxAce
- Michigan
- USA

Meanwhile the Obama-Regime© does nothing
to protect America's Sovereignty from this
encroachment by Russia into Cuba putting
Bombers and ?Missiles? within a few Miles
of the US Mainland.

send in the hillary,

Send In The Hillary.

SEND IN THE HILLARY !

To Beg Them To Please Stop :
Can't We All Play 'Nice' Together ?

NOTE - The Obama-Regime© is Planning a +15%
Cut in US Defense Spending as a Showing of the
USA's Commitment to Peace -while- Both China
and Russia are Building-Up Their Military and
Increasing Their Defense Spending.

PAX-Obama© The Death of a Once Great America !

~ RHF
Old March 15th 09, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Monitoring opportunities?

http://news.mobile.msn.com/en-us/art...1&aid=29691183
(via SmokeyKat, MilCom list)

That photo sure brings back memories. I remember those boys buzzing
us from time to time just above the deck and a few hundred feet away.
We'd wave at each other!

Later, I remember monitoring them as they transited along the east
coast USA, sending position reports in Russian Morse. At the time
there was an article in either PopCom or Monitoring Times giving
details on how to decode those posit reports.

I guess boredom set in after hundreds of hours flying and they got to do
something exciting. That had to be quite a sight with a bomber that
close. How fast do you think they were traveling when they flew by you?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 15th 09, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Monitoring opportunities?

http://news.mobile.msn.com/en-us/art...1&aid=29691183
(via SmokeyKat, MilCom list)

That photo sure brings back memories. I remember those boys buzzing
us from time to time just above the deck and a few hundred feet away.
We'd wave at each other!

Later, I remember monitoring them as they transited along the east
coast USA, sending position reports in Russian Morse. At the time
there was an article in either PopCom or Monitoring Times giving
details on how to decode those posit reports.

I guess boredom set in after hundreds of hours flying and they got to do
something exciting. That had to be quite a sight with a bomber that
close. How fast do you think they were traveling when they flew by you?

Not terribly fast, at least at the time. I'd guess 150 to 200 MPH. There were
several of them in most cases. Quite the site.

An interesting aircraft: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-95

Old March 15th 09, 08:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

[...]

I just noticed this, in the above article:

During the height of the Cold War, the long range of the Tu-95 was demonstrated
weekly as a pair of Tu-95s would fly from the Kola peninsula to Cuba along the
east coast of the United States, escorted continuously along the way.[7]

This is obviously what some of us were listening to, back in the day.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 16th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

~ RHF wrote:
On Mar 15, 9:34 am, dxAce wrote:

- Monitoring opportunities?
-
[...]

We are putting missiles on Russia's doorstep. This is their response.

"If the members of the Obama administration would bother to take a
stroll down memory lane, they might recall that once upon a time there
was a document called the anti-ballistic missile treaty, signed in 1972
between the United States and the former Soviet Union, which recognized
that anti-missile defense shields were inherently destabilizing, and as
such should not be deployed. The ABM treaty represented the foundational
agreement for a series of strategic arms limitation and arms reduction
agreements that followed. President Obama was 10 years old when that
treaty was signed. He was 40 years old when President George W. Bush
withdrew from it, in December 2001, and set in motion a series of events
that saw arms control between the U.S. and Russia completely unravel.
The proposed U.S. missile defense shield, to be deployed in Poland and
the Czech Republic, had the Russians talking about scrapping the INF
treaty (which eliminated two classes of nuclear-armed ballistic missiles
that threatened Europe) and deploying highly accurate SS-21 “Iskander”
missiles within striking range of the proposed Polish interceptor site.

Russia did not create the missile defense system crisis. The United
States did, and, as such, cannot expect to suddenly receive diplomatic
credit when it puts this controversial program on the foreign policy
gaming table as if it were a legitimate chip to be bargained away.

Russia has always, correctly, claimed that any missile defense system
deployed in Eastern Europe can only be directed at Russia. While both
the Bush and Obama administrations denied that was the case, Poland has
all but admitted its concerns are not about missiles coming from Tehran,
but rather missiles coming from Moscow. The American “sweetener” for a
potential Polish loss of a missile shield is to offer Poland advanced
Patriot surface-to-air missiles, whose intended target is clearly not a
Persian missile which cannot reach Polish soil, but rather Russian
missiles and aircraft which can.

There are three basic facts that the Obama administration needs to
address, but as of yet has not: First, missile defense systems are
inherently destabilizing and only contribute to the acquisition of
offensive counters designed to defeat those defenses. Second, the rapid
expansion of NATO in the past decade has in fact threatened Russia. And
third, the Iranian missile “threat” to Europe has always been illusory."

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...a_meet_team_b/
Old March 16th 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

dave wrote:
~ RHF wrote:
On Mar 15, 9:34 am, dxAce wrote:

- Monitoring opportunities?
-
[...]

Missile defense systems are defensive. The idea that a defensive system
is destabilizing is completely ludicrous.

Bombers are by their very nature offensive. An Russian offensive weapon
deployed to the western hemisphere is by its very nature destabilizing.

See the difference?
Old March 16th 09, 01:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

David Hartung wrote:

Missile defense systems are defensive. The idea that a defensive system
is destabilizing is completely ludicrous.

Bombers are by their very nature offensive. An Russian offensive weapon
deployed to the western hemisphere is by its very nature destabilizing.

See the difference?

No. It is all quite insane.
Old March 16th 09, 01:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

dave wrote:
David Hartung wrote:

Missile defense systems are defensive. The idea that a defensive
system is destabilizing is completely ludicrous.

Bombers are by their very nature offensive. An Russian offensive
weapon deployed to the western hemisphere is by its very nature
destabilizing.

See the difference?

No. It is all quite insane.

I agree, war is insane, but it is sometimes necessary.

One could very logically make the argument that Russia's belligerence
the past few years well justifies any defensive system we may wish to
deploy.
Old March 16th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

In article ,
dave wrote:

~ RHF wrote:
On Mar 15, 9:34 am, dxAce wrote:

- Monitoring opportunities?
-
[...]

SNIP

They are not nuclear missiles Dave.

They are conventional defense missiles.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Together Again: Cuba and Soviet Russia [email protected] Shortwave 0 September 10th 08 01:52 AM
Trying to get Cuba Burr Shortwave 0 January 21st 08 05:10 AM
Radio Habana Cuba (RHC) on 6.000 MHz in English from Cuba RHF Shortwave 0 October 20th 05 08:13 AM
Russia/Ukraine: Voice of Russia signal partially jammed by local station Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 December 29th 04 09:13 PM
Cuba/USA: Cuba decries US radio, TV broadcasts to island Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 October 26th 04 01:41 PM