Old March 27th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default MNMikeW

"dxAce" wrote in message
Are you near the flood area? What are your radio observations from where
you are
at?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

No, I'm near MPLS. Havent had a chance to try today yet. Probably later this
evening. Can you post the freqs you were picking up? It's pretty noisy in my
house, will try outside if its that bad.

Old March 27th 09, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I was getting KFGO 790, Fargo ND, here running non-directional vs. the normal
night time pattern of due north.
Also, hearing WZFG 1100, Dilworth MN, running 50 kW vs. the 440 they normally
run night times.

In the morning I plan to look for KVOX 740, which may be running their normal 50
kW vs. 940 or 7500 Watts they might run overnight. Also, WDAY 970, 5 kW, which
runs a night time pattern, may be non-directional as is KFGO.

Old March 27th 09, 11:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Here in Mississippi, right now, weatherwise, it looks like we are in for
round two.Around tenish O'Clock tonight, thingys might get real
interesting.
I wish the best of Luck for North Dakota and other areas around there.
cuhulin

Old March 27th 09, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message
I was getting KFGO 790, Fargo ND, here running non-directional vs. the
normal
night time pattern of due north.
Also, hearing WZFG 1100, Dilworth MN, running 50 kW vs. the 440 they
normally
run night times.

In the morning I plan to look for KVOX 740, which may be running their
normal 50
kW vs. 940 or 7500 Watts they might run overnight. Also, WDAY 970, 5 kW,
which
runs a night time pattern, may be non-directional as is KFGO.

I'm getting WZFG 1100 pretty good right now(0015) with some fading and weird
background noise, probably from my house. I cant get anything from KFGO or
WDAY. KVOX coming in but very weak. What time you suppose KVOX is going to
crank it up in the AM?

I have a longwire in the attic that I REALLY need to get outside.

Old March 27th 09, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
Here in Mississippi, right now, weatherwise, it looks like we are in for
round two.Around tenish O'Clock tonight, thingys might get real
interesting.
I wish the best of Luck for North Dakota and other areas around there.
cuhulin

Make sure you have batteries in that fancy new flashlight.

Old March 27th 09, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"MNMikeW" wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

WZFG 1100 just reported a dike just failed in North Fargo at 0045.

Old March 28th 09, 12:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have new Ray O Vac (but of course, Ray O Vac!) alkaline batteries in a
few of my many flashlights and lanterns.
It's still blinkin every five seconds, Winky, Blinky, and Nod.
It is thundering and lightning around here right now.Tornado alerts are
on for a few Counties right now.
cuhulin

Old March 28th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
I have new Ray O Vac (but of course, Ray O Vac!) alkaline batteries in a
few of my many flashlights and lanterns.
It's still blinkin every five seconds, Winky, Blinky, and Nod.
It is thundering and lightning around here right now.Tornado alerts are
on for a few Counties right now.
cuhulin

Hang in there Coolio, keep ur powder dry.

Old March 28th 09, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Blueberry doggy isn't scared of any bad weather.There she is, sleeping
on her end of her couch, snoreing up a storm.
cuhulin