Old April 21st 09, 10:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Pirates

'Join the Piracy, See the World!'

I hear this morning that the surviving pirate from the Maersk Alabama incident
is now in New York to face piracy charges.

The little bugger is now a world traveller. Plucked from the Indian Ocean, and
days later, in NYC! Such a deal!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

And, as always, don't let your children attend Louisville Technical Institute.
They've hired at least one dufus who once claimed to have a PhD, and who knows,
there may be more dufi there.

Old April 21st 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
'Join the Piracy, See the World!'

I hear this morning that the surviving pirate from the Maersk Alabama incident
is now in New York to face piracy charges.

The little bugger is now a world traveller. Plucked from the Indian Ocean, and
days later, in NYC! Such a deal!

You sound like Barbara "Ma Barker" Bush at the Astrodome after Katrina.
Old April 21st 09, 01:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

dxAce wrote:
'Join the Piracy, See the World!'

I hear this morning that the surviving pirate from the Maersk Alabama incident
is now in New York to face piracy charges.

The little bugger is now a world traveller. Plucked from the Indian Ocean, and
days later, in NYC! Such a deal!

You sound like Barbara "Ma Barker" Bush at the Astrodome after Katrina.

Dave, you sound like a moronic twit who has a fixation with the Bush family!

On another note, did you ever read that QST article the modification of the
Drake TR7?

Old April 21st 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On another note, did you ever read that QST article the modification of the
Drake TR7?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

OK Ace, ya got me. what about the article on moding the

TR7? i have been wanting an R7, but the prices are out

of reason. i do have an MSR-2. i believe that passes

as the marine version of the R7. and, yes i probably

paid too much. but, i love the little extras for the

LW band. really digs out the NDB's.

Drifter...

Old April 21st 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

On another note, did you ever read that QST article the modification of the
Drake TR7?

OK Ace, ya got me. what about the article on moding the

TR7?

Apparently there is an article in a recent QST that describes adding DSP to the TR7.
I was interested if anything in the article might also pertain to the R7.

i have been wanting an R7, but the prices are out

of reason. i do have an MSR-2. i believe that passes

as the marine version of the R7.

No, the MSR-2 is I think a totally different animal (because of the switch selection
of the readout). What was once proposed was the MR-3, which is a repackaged R7:

http://www.dproducts.be/DRAKE_MUSEUM/mr3_receiver.htm

It never went into production. This from elsewhere on the site:

Interview of Ray Midkiff, Father of the DSR and MSR Main Marine receivers

Just rcvd. your e-mail on Drake products. The RR1, RR2, and RR3 rcvrs were modified
versions of the SPR4 Rcvrs. designed to meet the Marine Reserve standards. They were
designed by Bill Robertson (no longer with Drake) and Steve Koogler (presently at
Drake).

I designed the DSR-1 and DSR-2 receives intended as a commercial or laboratory
synthesized all band unit and also the MSR-2 unit that was designed to meet the
standards for a Marine Mains Rcvr.

The MR-3 (repackaged R7) would not have met the Mains spec.
==================

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 21st 09, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

[...]

Cool Steve. the man knows his Drakes. I got this receiver out
of japan, i believe it was about 1989. came from a ship builder.
it was still in the packing, never opened or used. i never really
checked the history of this model. it says marine radio on the
lower front. i keep it in a rack with a few other different brands.
sure does pull in the NDB's. and being marine, i guess it's aimed
at those freqs. but, as i said, i would love to have a clean R7
in my collection. what's the special draw on the RV-75-VFO? the
bids on ebay are going up fast. BTW, the switch's for the readout
work great, no need for a keypad.

Drifter...

Old April 21st 09, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

dave wrote:

dxAce wrote:
'Join the Piracy, See the World!'

I hear this morning that the surviving pirate from the Maersk Alabama incident
is now in New York to face piracy charges.

The little bugger is now a world traveller. Plucked from the Indian Ocean, and
days later, in NYC! Such a deal!

You sound like Barbara "Ma Barker" Bush at the Astrodome after Katrina.

Dave, you sound like a moronic twit who has a fixation with the Bush family!

On another note, did you ever read that QST article the modification of the
Drake TR7?

I've always been fascinated by mobsters.

I read the article, and then forgot all about it. I'll have to unearth
it again.

Old April 21st 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 05:27:40 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

'Join the Piracy, See the World!'

I hear this morning that the surviving pirate from the Maersk Alabama incident
is now in New York to face piracy charges.

The little bugger is now a world traveller. Plucked from the Indian Ocean, and
days later, in NYC! Such a deal!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

And, as always, don't let your children attend Louisville Technical Institute.
They've hired at least one dufus who once claimed to have a PhD, and who knows,
there may be more dufi there.

He should have been hung from a yard arm on the spot!
Old April 21st 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

He probally will be offered a job in America by B HO.
cuhulin

UK pirates Mike Terry Info 0 July 22nd 07 03:41 AM
The SW pirates group biggest sw pirates email resourse on the web, now 800 ALFALIMA.NET Shortwave 0 February 5th 05 08:55 PM
Two pirates on now Brian Shortwave 2 April 11th 04 02:43 AM
Pirates 6.925 and 6.950 Pirate Bill Shortwave 2 February 24th 04 01:09 AM
Pirates 6.925 KB Shortwave 0 January 25th 04 12:13 AM