RadioBanter

-   -   WLS 890 Chicago - Special Program (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/144051-wls-890-chicago-special-program.html)

dxAce May 23rd 09 11:40 AM

WLS 890 Chicago - Special Program

WLS 890 Chicago will air "The History of WLS" Monday (Memorial Day - 25 May),
11am to 6pm Central Time (1600-2300 UT)

http://www.wlsam.com//Article.asp?id=1332599

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dave May 23rd 09 01:37 PM

dxAce wrote:
WLS 890 Chicago will air "The History of WLS" Monday (Memorial Day - 25 May),
11am to 6pm Central Time (1600-2300 UT)

http://www.wlsam.com//Article.asp?id=1332599

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ironic (and sad) that the former Lord of the Midwest Flamethrowers
chooses to ignore the DX audience and run this during the day, when they
have a small fraction of the coverage that they have at night.

David Eduardo[_4_] May 23rd 09 06:45 PM

WLS 890 Chicago - Special Program

"dave" wrote in message
m...
dxAce wrote:
WLS 890 Chicago will air "The History of WLS" Monday (Memorial Day - 25
May),
11am to 6pm Central Time (1600-2300 UT)

http://www.wlsam.com//Article.asp?id=1332599

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ironic (and sad) that the former Lord of the Midwest Flamethrowers chooses
to ignore the DX audience and run this during the day, when they have a
small fraction of the coverage that they have at night.

But they have a potential daytime audience that is three to four times that
of the night audience.

dave May 23rd 09 07:11 PM

WLS 890 Chicago - Special Program

David Eduardo wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
m...
dxAce wrote:
WLS 890 Chicago will air "The History of WLS" Monday (Memorial Day -
25 May),
11am to 6pm Central Time (1600-2300 UT)

http://www.wlsam.com//Article.asp?id=1332599

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ironic (and sad) that the former Lord of the Midwest Flamethrowers
chooses to ignore the DX audience and run this during the day, when
they have a small fraction of the coverage that they have at night.

But they have a potential daytime audience that is three to four times
that of the night audience.

Zombies (like Steve!)

[email protected] May 23rd 09 07:54 PM

WLS 890 Chicago - Special Program

Yesterday, at the Lowe's store, I saw some 4 stroke gas engine
weedeaters.(those little bitty 2 stroke engines aren't worth a crap!
they are too fickle) I got me an idea.I might check the junk yards or
the lawn mower shops around here for an old lawn more frame, with the
wheels and the handle.I think I can rig up a lawn mower, using one of
those weed eaters and a junk yard auto windshield wiper motor.I think I
can cut my lawn mowing time wayyyyyy down.
cuhulin

Telamon May 23rd 09 08:44 PM

WLS 890 Chicago - Special Program

In article ,
wrote:

Yesterday, at the Lowe's store, I saw some 4 stroke gas engine
weedeaters.(those little bitty 2 stroke engines aren't worth a crap!
they are too fickle) I got me an idea.I might check the junk yards or
the lawn mower shops around here for an old lawn more frame, with the
wheels and the handle.I think I can rig up a lawn mower, using one of
those weed eaters and a junk yard auto windshield wiper motor.I think I
can cut my lawn mowing time wayyyyyy down.
cuhulin

Electric weed eaters have been around a long time. Scroll down the page
to see an assortment of them.

http://www.amazon.com/Weed-Eater-XT112-Electric-Trimmer/dp/B00004RA1P

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Joe May 23rd 09 11:50 PM

WLS 890 Chicago - Special Program

To Those Interested:

If you do not live in the Chicago area and you wish to hear the show,
go he

http://www.wlsam.com/article.asp?id=152352

and click on the "Click Here to LISTEN LIVE" link.

Best,

Joe

dave May 24th 09 12:45 AM

wrote:
Yesterday, at the Lowe's store, I saw some 4 stroke gas engine
weedeaters.(those little bitty 2 stroke engines aren't worth a crap!
they are too fickle) I got me an idea.I might check the junk yards or
the lawn mower shops around here for an old lawn more frame, with the
wheels and the handle.I think I can rig up a lawn mower, using one of
those weed eaters and a junk yard auto windshield wiper motor.I think I
can cut my lawn mowing time wayyyyyy down.
cuhulin

If you can't keep a 2 cycle motor running you know nothing about motors.