Old June 18th 09, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Sony ICF-SW7600GR losing the SSB/Sync Detection to an InternalParts Failure

On Jun 18, 7:33�am, "~ RHF" wrote:

- The 7600GR that I've owned for about a year,
- though, is already losing the SSB/sync
- detection to an internal parts failure.

? Based on what testing, analysis, facts, etc . . . ?

At least two posts on this on the 7600GR Yahoo group in the past two
weeks. Check it out.

SSB signals can't be completely clarified into intelligible speech.
Lost the ability to tune a broadcast signal in selectable ECSS, as can
easily be done, usually. Loses sync lock easily when in sync mode,
makes a lots of tonal noise (howling) around the loss of sync.

Interestingly, no problems at all with my 14 year old Sony 7600G.

I've been busy playing with a Radio Shack DX-390 the past few days.
Makes me miss my old DX-440, which I gave to my brother years ago. I
may have to pick one of those up on eBay...

Have a happy day, RHF!

Mike
Stormy Louisville