Old June 18th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Up Date

In article ,
says...

"BDK"

When I hurt my knee, I spent a lot of time with my scanners,
reprogramming them, and entering alpha tags on everything. But the first
week or so, the pain pills made doing anything but sitting there zoning
out, difficult. But without them, I was miserable.

I know the feeling. It hurts but what gets me is it won't do what I tell it
to.

Yeah, mine wouldn't co-operate for about 6 weeks. My thigh muscles were
locked up tight, and I had to put my left foot behind my right when I
drove. I could turn it between the gas and brake, and push them ok, but
I couldn't lift up my leg the normal way at all. When it "let go" on the
way home from work one morning, it was like a switch got thrown. I could
suddenly lift my leg up normally. It still felt weird though.

Funny I use my right foot to move my left foot. Every thing hurting from
taking the load of that foot.

I stretched out my Achilles tendon, and all the ligaments in my foot
too. It looked impressive, and hurt slightly, but my knee was amazingly
bad looking. I've shown pics of it to doctors and nurses and they all
react with shock when I tell them it was all due to a stumble. They said
it looked as if I had either been in a bad car wreck, or had fallen from
a couple stories up. It's been a long ordeal, and I'm pretty frustrated
at this point, almost 2 years later.

Well, it'll get better.

I keep saying that. My knee ignores me for the most part.

Seriously, it will, but you will probably get frustrated with the pace
of improvement. You're about 10 years older than I am, so it will take
even longer for healing to take place. My issues at this point involve
nerves, not muscles or tendons. When I fell, the impact point was right
where the doctor taps it with the little hammer to check your reflexes.
My knee feels like bugs are crawling inside it sometimes, other times,
it feels like electric shocks, and like it's partially asleep. Really,
really annoying.

Burr

--

BDK..