Old July 4th 09, 10:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default JP on air

I will be interviewed on air by The South African Radio League's
(SARL) ARMI amateur radio mirror international on Sunday July 5th at
0800UTC/zulu.

See http://www.amateurradio.org.za/armi.htm
Best frequency is the Sentech Meyerton 50 Kw transmitter on 7205 kHz

This should easily be picked up in Europe, but may be more of a
challenge for my American friends when the broadcast is in the wee
hours of the morning and the signal may not propagate.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx
Old July 4th 09, 11:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 4, 5:12*am, John Plimmer wrote:
I will be interviewed on air by The South African Radio League's
(SARL) ARMI amateur radio mirror international on Sunday July 5th at
0800UTC/zulu.

Seehttp://www.amateurradio.org.za/armi.htm
Best frequency is the Sentech Meyerton 50 Kw transmitter on 7205 kHz

This should easily be picked up in Europe, but may be more of a
challenge for my American friends when the broadcast is in the wee
hours of the morning and the signal may not propagate.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

I'll give it a shot John. What is the interview going
to be about, may I ask?

Old July 4th 09, 11:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Plimmer wrote:

I will be interviewed on air by The South African Radio League's
(SARL) ARMI amateur radio mirror international on Sunday July 5th at
0800UTC/zulu.

See http://www.amateurradio.org.za/armi.htm
Best frequency is the Sentech Meyerton 50 Kw transmitter on 7205 kHz

This should easily be picked up in Europe, but may be more of a
challenge for my American friends when the broadcast is in the wee
hours of the morning and the signal may not propagate.

I'll have to remember to set the recorder and see what happens.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 5th 09, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"John Plimmer" wrote in message
On Jul 4, 12:12 pm, Bushcraftgregg wrote:
I'll give it a shot John. What is the interview going
to be about, may I ask?-

They asked me how I got into DXing and what had kept me at it for so
many years (43). And how was I finding DX on the shortwave bands now.

JP

What did you say???

Old July 5th 09, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 5, 2:28*am, "Just Plain Burr" wrote:
What did you say???

Hi Burr,
I can't condense a twenty minute talk into a few lines, so try and
listen. It may be possible for you to get the broadcast on Monday at
1905z on 3215 kHz. Or they have a "Listen on the web link" on their
webpage
http://www.amateurradio.org.za/armi.htm but it only appears actually
when it is on air.

If all that fails the talk really has content along the lines of my
profile at
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx
regards

JP

Old July 5th 09, 05:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.devilfinder.com
Which Countries still manufacture Vacuum Tube Radios?

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you all look out the windows on the left side
of the Aircraft,,, it will tip over! ~ Golden Girls.
cuhulin

Old July 5th 09, 11:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bushcraftgregg wrote:

On Jul 4, 10:17 am, John Plimmer wrote:
On Jul 4, 12:12 pm, Bushcraftgregg wrote:

I'll give it a shot John. What is the interview going
to be about, may I ask?-

They asked me how I got into DXing and what had kept me at it for so
many years (43). And how was I finding DX on the shortwave bands now.

JP

Unfortunately John, I'm not hearing anything.:-I

Just checking the tape here and not a peep, even with the 200' W-E wire.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 5th 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Last night at around 11:30 PM, just before I took doggy out in the front
yard and the Golden Girls tipped that Airplane over, I clicked on the
site John Plimmer provided and I read an interview.

Married ... With Children is on the SPIKE channel now.
www.bundyology.com
cuhulin

Old July 5th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 5, 12:29*pm, dxAce wrote:
Bushcraftgregg wrote:

Unfortunately John, I'm not hearing anything.:-I

Just checking the tape here and not a peep, even with the 200' W-E wire.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thanks for trying fellas - all is not lost as I see on their website
they have loaded an MP3 of the program - click on 5JULY to get it
running and then fast forward to 39 minutes 30 seconds you will hear
the presenter Hans van der Groenendal interviewing me.

JP
Old July 5th 09, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The CQ song,
Get on the beammm,,, carry the schemmme, of CQ Radio,,,,,,,

It works for WebTV, it should work for your fancy high powered putery.

And what do you hear? CQ Radioooooo,,,,

Here is a Good one.January of 2000, Barbara, from Limerick,Ireland, got
me to send it to herself in Atlanta.
Ragland Road.
www.chivalry.com/cantaria/sounds/raglan-road.mp3
cuhulin