Old July 11th 09, 08:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The "Progressive" Promised Land

I vote we use the spectrum occupied by Ru$h's program to be use by gay
wireless dildo manufactures. That way, 0baMa0 Tse Dung will understand
where to stick it.

===
They are already advertising some kind of wireless device for women to
use in masturbating. Dildos may be the subject of the next commercials
you see.
Old July 11th 09, 08:52 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

0baMa0 Tse Dung wrote:
On Jul 11, 7:57 am, dave wrote:
0baMa0 Tse Dung wrote:
Rumblings continue from the FCC on fairness, diversity and mandates
for broadcasters.

The airwaves belong to the people. They should serve the people, not
large corporations. Radio was better when ownership was limited to a
few stations per company.

What a load of cracker-jack PhD socilaist propaganda BS.

The people vote by listening to radio stations.
Station generate revenue based on their number of listeners (like a
political candidate in a democratic process).
Stations that can not draw enough listeners either close or change
formats (like a political candidate in a democratic process).

How does blowing smoke up peoples' asses improve the government? Lowest
Common Denominator is no way to run a country. Media is supposed to
inform, as well as entertain. Broadcast media is a finite natural
resource and it use should serve the common good, even if that reduces
someone's bottom line. Journalism is about speaking truth to power on
behalf of the masses; we can't force newspapers or cable to be fair but
we can make the broadcasters serve the people what they need to, but may
not necessarily want to, hear.
Old July 11th 09, 08:55 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

0baMa0 Tse Dung wrote:
On Jul 11, 9:12 am, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
We may have the 'freedom' to choose what we listen to on the radio, but the
choice, thanks to corporatized radio, is miniscule.

Ja, unt Government will give you more for less - bwaHAHAHAHA!

You have never had a greater choice in radio programming in all of
history.
STOP with the Liberal Fascist propaganda lies!

Bull****. Radio is thoroughly homogenized mediocrity (with very rare
exceptions).
Old July 11th 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Dobbs, I think you got brain washed over there in San Diego.
Watch out for that San Andreas Fault line, don't let it gitcha!
cuhulin

I'm 12 miles South of the San Andreas Fault. The part they're talking
about.
Old July 11th 09, 09:41 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

dave wrote:
0baMa0 Tse Dung wrote:
On Jul 11, 7:57 am, dave wrote:
0baMa0 Tse Dung wrote:
[...]

Oil is finite and so is land..... the band width available can be
shifted and we just digitized TV and we have plenty of TV and Media for
Christ's sake we have a cooking network and music channel and more than
we need on SAT-TV

someone's bottom line. Journalism is about speaking truth to power on
behalf of the masses; we can't force newspapers or cable to be fair but

Space to sell News papers is finite, we need to insure that we have
equal Conservative and Liberal Paper sales.

we can make the broadcasters serve the people what they need to, but may
not necessarily want to, hear.

We can force equal stories in each Newspaper, force them to hire equal
numbers of Right and Left reporters.

Old July 11th 09, 10:04 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

dave wrote:
0baMa0 Tse Dung wrote:
Rumblings continue from the FCC on fairness, diversity and mandates
for broadcasters.

The airwaves belong to the people. They should serve the people, not
large corporations. Radio was better when ownership was limited to a
few stations per company.

The Constitution says FREE SPEECH, NOT *EQUAL SPEECH*
Old July 11th 09, 11:35 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

"0baMa0 Tse Dung" wrote in message
On Jul 11, 9:12 am, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
We may have the 'freedom' to choose what we listen to on the radio, but
the
choice, thanks to corporatized radio, is miniscule.

Ja, unt Government will give you more for less - bwaHAHAHAHA!

You have never had a greater choice in radio programming in all of
history.
STOP with the Liberal Fascist propaganda lies!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

The choices of radio formats in most cities have dwindled to but a few:

Hip Hop
Oldies
Country (not in many east coast cities)
Sports/talk
Rock

Gone from almost all venues are classical, opera, jazz, easy listening and
MOR.

Tell us again how we have more choices than ever.. perhaps we have more
choices of where to listen to Rush Limbaugh and George Noory.. more places
to listen to Fitty Cent.. more places to listen to the same tired old 50 or
so oldies tracks on the average oldies playlists.. but real CHOICE.. nope.

Old July 11th 09, 11:40 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

"Poetic Justice" wrote in message
Space to sell News papers is finite, we need to insure that we have
equal Conservative and Liberal Paper sales.

Conservative and Liberal newspapers are all 95% ad space anymore, and are
equally fit for wrapping fish and lining bird cages.

Old July 12th 09, 12:09 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"0baMa0 Tse Dung" wrote in message
On Jul 11, 9:12 am, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
We may have the 'freedom' to choose what we listen to on the radio, but
the
choice, thanks to corporatized radio, is miniscule.

Ja, unt Government will give you more for less - bwaHAHAHAHA!

You have never had a greater choice in radio programming in all of
history.
STOP with the Liberal Fascist propaganda lies!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

The choices of radio formats in most cities have dwindled to but a few:

Hip Hop
Oldies
Country (not in many east coast cities)

Except for New York, name me two East Coast metros without a country
station.

Sports/talk
Rock

Well, let's look at LA. Around 13 million people, 91 or 92 licensed
stations.

We have:
Liberal talk
Sports talk
Conservative talk
All News
Christian Talk
NPR / Talk
Childrens' (Disney)
Contemporary Christian
Christian Teaching
CHR
Alternative Rock
Classic Rock
AAA
Rhythmic AC
Traditional AC
Oldies (actually "Classic Hits" as we have no real oldies station)
Country
Jazz
Rhythmic Oldies
Urban
Classical
Hurban
Smooth Jazz
Adult Hits
Americana
CHUrban
Spanish CHR
Spanish AC
Spanish Adult Hits
Spanish All Sports
Spanish talk
Spanish Regional Mexican (equivalent of country)
Spanish rhythmic
Spanish religious
Spanish regional Oldies
In addition there are stations in Korean, Vietnamese and Chinese as well as
ones that combine various Asian languages.
And, finally, there is a station 24/7 in Farsi.

I can't really think of anything that is missing. And compared to the 60's,
the number of viable alternatives has more than trippled.

Gone from almost all venues are classical, opera, jazz, easy listening and
MOR.

The audience for classical has declined as it died; changes in school music
programs have pretty much eliminated the creation of a new generation or two
of classical listeners. Opera is simply an extension of this... there was
never an all.opera station, as opera was an occasional feature of classical
formats.

Jazz was never a broadly successful (read: it did not have many listeners)
anywhere. My first job was at a jazz station, WCUY,, in Cleveland, so I have
followed the genre, and it has few followers, even in the few places where
there are pockets of interest. Also, it is an art form that is dying due to
the ageing of its artistas and fans.

Easy listening and MOR are similar... they aged with the listener groups and
eventually there was no market. I did (as in managed, programmed and sold) a
syndicated Beautiful Music format and by the ending years of the 80's, there
was neither an audience nor any new music to be had; I had to spend a lot of
money as part of an alliance of syndicators to get familar hits recorded in
instrumental versions to keep the format fresh... even that failed after
time.

MOR died with its listeners.

You have named formats that aged out of existence because new generations
did not like the music and the older ones croaked. New formats based on new
music forms have come to replace them.

Tell us again how we have more choices than ever.. perhaps we have more
choices of where to listen to Rush Limbaugh and George Noory.. more places
to listen to Fitty Cent.. more places to listen to the same tired old 50
or so oldies tracks on the average oldies playlists.. but real CHOICE..
nope.

When I grew up in what was then a Top 10 market, long before any FM "made
the ratings" we had 8 AMs... one a daytimer, and one a suburban Class IV.
There were three formats. 2 were r&b, 3 were Top 40 and 3 were MOR. That was
real choice.

That market now has more than 20 differentiable choices in formats. that is
nearly 7 times the number of choices as before.

Old July 12th 09, 12:15 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Poetic Justice" wrote in message
Space to sell News papers is finite, we need to insure that we have
equal Conservative and Liberal Paper sales.

Conservative and Liberal newspapers are all 95% ad space anymore, and are
equally fit for wrapping fish and lining bird cages.

In truth, it is the opposite. No form of the media has been harder hit by
the Internet and the recession as newspapers. Classifieds, formerly multiple
sections of papers, are nearly gone. Auto supplements and sections are gone,
and advertising is minimal. Real estate, like auto and classifieds, has gone
to the web and is far less visible in print. Circulation is off, and papers
have horrible reach of 18-44 year olds, so most other ad categories are off.
Papers have cut sections, because they can't support them. Most are pretty
bare in terms of ads.

It's pretty disingenuous to say that papers are 95% ads when the New York
Times is bleeding to death, Gannett and McClatchy are at the rim of
bankruptcy, and revenues have collapsed everywhere.