Old October 4th 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Shortwave Time Signals - Where have they gone?

Art Harris wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:
Art Harris wrote:
I don't know, but I just checked again and my Cable Box is dead on
with WWV.

Comcast? I don't have a box since I don't watch much television but
their channel listings channel is usually off by about 30 seconds.
Another channel that shows local weather is about 15 seconds
better but neither is dead on.

No, I have Cablevision. The time is dispalyed continuously directly on
the front of my cable box, not on the TV. And it's always dead on.

Art Harris

Most big facilities like that use GPS derived distributed master time
code for the whole plant.
Old October 6th 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:
I remember getting it, just not when, but I do have a memory of
getting it about 3 years ago on my Hammarlund HQ-129X and RME-DB20
combination.
Last night I was using the RME to amplify signals at 27 MHz and
listening to all the CB'ers, amplified mikes and 1,000 watt plus
kickers and all. One guy had to be close because every time he keyed
he almost broke my S-meter and the rest were from much farther away.
Skip must be in.

Bill Baka

Do you know how an S Meter works? They don't slam.

Fast attack and a guy blasting my rig most definitely *slams* my S meter
harder than I want. I don't expect a bent end like I found on a Simpson
voltmeter that another guy kept forgetting to change ranges on.

Bill Baka