RadioBanter

-   -   The Store Once Know as 'RadioShack' : Would Like You To Call It "TheShack" (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/145813-store-once-know-radioshack-would-like-you-call-theshack.html)

RHF August 6th 09 08:09 AM

The Store Once Know as 'RadioShack' : Would Like You To Call It "TheShack"

RadioShack would like you to call it 'The Shack'

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advert...dioshack_N.htm

The 'Celfone' Shack
The 'HDTV' Shack
The 'Wireless' Shack
The 'Pod' Shack

RadioShack to launch new ad campaign for 'The Shack'
and will focus on mobile, wireless offerings -cause-
Nobody listens to the Radio anymore . . .
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/RadioS....html?x=0&.v=1

Bushcraftgregg August 6th 09 12:29 PM

The Store Once Know as 'RadioShack' : Would Like You To Call It"The Shack"

On Aug 6, 4:22*am, Bob Dobbs wrote:
Bushcraftgregg wrote:

Pretty sad IMO. At least I can say I remember "back
in the day" that Radio Shack was a place I spent
a lot of money. No more unfortunately.

My financial patronage dropped off quite a bit after they ceased the
paper catalog.

Oh crap Bob, I know what you mean scary that
was exactly how I felt

I used to flip through the pages and note nifty toys to
buy and evaluate when extra cash accumulated in my entertainment jar.

Exactly.

Nowadays I only stop in for an occasional fuse or battery with the
exception of an HD tabletop I got a few months ago they were blowing out
at discount pricing.

I may make it up there once or twice a year if that
unfortunately.

[email protected] August 7th 09 12:00 AM

The Store Once Know as 'RadioShack' : Would Like You To CallIt...

I just now saw a Radio Shack tv commercial on the DIY channel.It was
like looking through the rear view of a digital camera, showing a photo
of a Radio Shack store,,, ''The Shack''
cuhulin

Brian Anasta August 7th 09 09:13 AM

On Aug 6, 6:22*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:

My financial patronage dropped off quite a bit after they ceased the
paper catalog. I used to flip through the pages and note nifty toys to
buy and evaluate when extra cash accumulated in my entertainment jar.
Nowadays I only stop in for an occasional fuse or battery with the
exception of an HD tabletop I got a few months ago they were blowing out
at discount pricing.

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

Hi Guys,

Just in regard to your comments, I must say when I used to live in the
States many years ago, I would often be a regular visitor to the good
ol' local Radio Shack store. It would be sort of a Saturday morning
ritual for me when my then-wife and I were out and about running
errands. While she was at the drugstore getting a few bits and pieces,
I would make my way across the sidewalk to the 'shack' to peruse all
the neat little gadgets available at the time. It would sometimes take
my wife literally hours to drag my keister outta that store to go home
heh. I wonder if that had anything to do with her now being my
ex?! :)

Kind regards,
BK G6

LarbGai August 7th 09 01:31 PM

******And the delightful Ning from Nana Plaza your latest eh Bri????

dave August 7th 09 01:42 PM

Brian Anasta wrote:
[...]

Are you a child? Real men hang out at HRO or the TRW Swap Meet, not
friggin' Radio Shack.

SX-25 August 7th 09 04:15 PM

The Store Once Know as 'RadioShack' : Would Like You To Call It "The Shack"

Good riddance.

Tandy ruined the once proud term "radio shack" by naming their chain of
stores selling
trinkets and low-quality consumer junk after the 70s. When RS was a real
electronics
store based in Boston they were great but that was in the 50s and 60s. Tandy
really ruined it.

Since then I have done most anything to avoid going in one. The clerks are
imbeciles.
The products, inferior. Anything you ask them for is met with a dumbfounded
look.
They'd be better suited to wearing vests and greeting customers with
"welcome to Radio Shack...
would you like to try a bloomin' onion or start out with an appetizer?"

Maybe the bruised term "radio shack" can now begin its healing process and
be used again
with a semblance of respect.

D. Peter Maus August 7th 09 04:23 PM

The Store Once Know as 'RadioShack' : Would Like You To CallIt "The Shack"

On 08/07/09 10:15 , SX-25 wrote:
Good riddance.

Since then I have done most anything to avoid going in one. The clerks
are imbeciles.

"Welcome to Radio Shack. Can I help you?"

"Yes, see that empty space over by that Verizon display?"

"Yeah?"

"Go stand there until my car has left the parking lot."

[email protected] August 7th 09 07:05 PM

The Store Once Know as 'RadioShack' : Would Like You To CallI...

Didn't Radio Shack used to be called Allied Radio? I have an old 1955
Allied Radio catalog here, it is in Good condition.In Limeyland, Radio
Shack stores are called Tandy.

Also, in Limeyland, Gunsmoke (the old tv movies) is called Gun Law.
cuhulin

Brenda Ann August 7th 09 09:58 PM

The Store Once Know as 'RadioShack' : Would Like You To Call It "The Shack"

"D. Peter Maus" wrote in message
On 08/07/09 10:15 , SX-25 wrote:
Good riddance.

Since then I have done most anything to avoid going in one. The clerks
are imbeciles.

"Welcome to Radio Shack. Can I help you?"

"Yes, see that empty space over by that Verizon display?"

"Yeah?"

"Go stand there until my car has left the parking lot."

"But sir, if I do that, it will be difficult to sell you one of these
overpriced TracFone®s or this cheap Chinese made voice recorder *pushes
playback button and you hear something that sounds like a drunken Max
Headroom*"