Old September 3rd 09, 01:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Somewhat O.T.-Cuba

I just got done watching a really interesting show on the "ID"
Channel.

It was called "Kennedy-Castro - The
Secret History." I have seen every show
( I thought ) on the subject of the Cuban
Missile Crisis or on the the Kennedy's for that matter. But apparently
not or it was a
new show.

I never had heard of the ABC journalist/reporter Lisa Howard before
and
it was a fascinating story on how she almost brought the two countries
together.

It looked like she and Pres.Kennedy were
literally within weeks/months to make that
happen....and then of course he was
assasinated.

I wonder if the U.S. will ever make amends
with Cuba....or if this has even been thought of by the new
administration. That
country literally looks like it's frozen in the
time of the 60's, pretty sad IMO.

Anyone have any opinion on the matter in
response to ever lifting sanctions against
Cuba? Just curious.
Old September 3rd 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Gregg wrote:

[...]

Sanctions? In reality we are one of the big traders with Cuba. And, virtually
the rest of the world trades with Cuba. The 'sanctions' are merely a hoax used
by the Casto 'tard boys.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 3rd 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 3, 8:23*am, dxAce wrote:
Gregg wrote:
[...]

Oh really? I really need to get caught up on things
some time. For some reason, I had thought that we
still basically didn't have much to do with them. {?}

Well, if we're giving them money and trading with
them....there's no reason for their country to look
like that. Someone is pocketing all the money and
it isn't the people of Cuba...that's for sure.
Old September 3rd 09, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Do you remember? Batista Flees! Do you remember? Cuba, SI!
cuhulin

Old September 4th 09, 08:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Habana Cuba [RHC] -&- Radio Marti -was- Somewhat O.T.-Cuba

On Sep 3, 5:19*am, Gregg wrote:
[...]

=IF= You are 'just curious' then Just Listen to

Radio Habana Cuba [RHC]
http://www.radiohc.cu/
ENG - http://www.radiohc.cu/ingles/index.htm

Frecuencias [MHZ & UTC] Radio Habana Cuba
http://www.radiohc.cu/espanol/c_frec...recuencias.htm

Programacion Radio Habana Cuba
http://www.radiohc.cu/espanol/c_prog...ogramacion.htm

Old September 4th 09, 09:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 4, 3:52*am, "~ RHF" wrote:
On Sep 3, 5:19*am, Gregg wrote:

[...]

Frecuencias [MHZ & UTC] Radio Habana Cubahttp://www.radiohc.cu/espanol/c_frecuencia/frecuencias.htm

Programacion Radio Habana Cubahttp://www.radiohc.cu/espanol/c_programacion/programacion.htm
*.
*.
For what the Obama-Regime© [US GOV]
is presently saying about Cuba Listen to

Radio Martihttp://www.martinoticias.com/

Frecuencia Radio Martihttp://www.martinoticias.com/frecuencia.aspx

Programación Radio Martíhttp://www.martinoticias.com/rdprogramacion.aspx
*.

Thanks. I'll check them out.
Old September 5th 09, 04:57 AM
Senior Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
[...]

Good for you!!! NO ONE cares!! Post here if it has to do with shortwave radio or find another forum??
Old September 5th 09, 06:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 3, 5:23*am, dxAce wrote:
Gregg wrote:
[...]

I seriously doubt we are big traders with Cuba, but would be willing
to read your references.

The US has/had some scheme to screw up ships that dock in Cuba. If the
log indicates you've been to Cuba, the ship would get to spend more
time at a US dock, which is essentially like paying a penalty since
time is money.
Old September 5th 09, 11:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 3, 5:30*am, Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On Sep 3, 8:23*am, dxAce wrote:

Gregg wrote:
[...]

The U.S.-Cuba Trade and Economic Council
http://www.cubatrade.org/

US-Cuba Trade Association
http://www.uscuba.org/

The US Government 'allows' Trade With Cuba
http://www.fas.usda.gov/itp/cuba/cuba.asp

United States Embargo Against Cuba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...o_against_Cuba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba_%E...ates_relations

USA-Cuba Direct Business Mostly NO :
USA-Cuba In-Direct Business Hell Yes !

Simple an American Coportation or TransNational
Corp sets-up a Foreign {Third Party/Joint Partner}
Subsidiary and that 'Company' Trades with Cuba.
1 % Cuba {Raw} Materials
2 + Foreign Processing {Canada/Mexico}
3 = USA Sales {Legal via NAFTA}
Old September 6th 09, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On Sep 3, 8:23 am, dxAce wrote:
Gregg wrote:
[...]

It's strictly limited to agricultural exports from the USA to Cuba. In
2007, this amounted to about $500 million making the USA the 5th largest
trading partner with Cuba. That being noted, the Helms-Burton Act
seeks to punish other countries that do business with Cuba. The bottom
line: do business with Cuba but don't expect to do business with the
USA. You can easily guess which choice most countries would select.

If you think that the embargo hasn't been effective from inflicting
poverty on the population then think again. I was there in 2007 and
could see what effect the embargo has had.

Ignore DxDufus - he hasn't a ****ing clue in his alcohol-addled brain
about anything.

Trying to get Cuba David Eduardo[_4_] Shortwave 5 January 22nd 08 10:39 AM
Trying to get Cuba Burr Shortwave 0 January 21st 08 05:10 AM
The New Cuba...? yojimbo Shortwave 0 December 1st 05 07:00 PM
Radio Habana Cuba (RHC) on 6.000 MHz in English from Cuba RHF Shortwave 0 October 20th 05 08:13 AM
Cuba/USA: Cuba decries US radio, TV broadcasts to island Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 October 26th 04 01:41 PM