Old September 7th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Grove El-Cheapo Antenna Switch; Thought On ?

Hello,

Regarding this pushbutton antenna switch that Grove offers:

http://www.grove-ent.com/SWC01.html
$19.95 SWC01

Was wondering if anyone is using it, or has any opinions on it ?
Sure is cheap enough.

They claim "usable" up to 2.0 GHz.

My application would be HF thru the vhf/uhf scanner frequencies,
BUT Receiving only.

Any thoughts on would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
Old September 7th 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Regarding this pushbutton antenna switch that Grove offers:

http://www.grove-ent.com/SWC01.html
$19.95 SWC01

Was wondering if anyone is using it, or has any opinions on it ?
Sure is cheap enough.

They claim "usable" up to 2.0 GHz.

My application would be HF thru the vhf/uhf scanner frequencies,
BUT Receiving only.

Any thoughts on would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

This looks like the same switch, minus adapters.

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_disp...p?PROD=TV-0151

Old September 7th 09, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
lid says...
Hello,

Regarding this pushbutton antenna switch that Grove offers:

http://www.grove-ent.com/SWC01.html
$19.95 SWC01

Was wondering if anyone is using it, or has any opinions on it ?
Sure is cheap enough.

They claim "usable" up to 2.0 GHz.

My application would be HF thru the vhf/uhf scanner frequencies,
BUT Receiving only.

Any thoughts on would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

It's just a cable A/B box. They work ok, for a while, but I've never had
any antenna switch last very long, except the ones made by Daiwa.
--

BDK..
Leader of the nonexistent paid shills.