Old October 13th 09, 02:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Still Waiting... AOR AR7070

We are now into the 4th quarter of the year and still waiting...

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0070.html

I rather doubt that I'll purchase one, but still interested in the
concept/design.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires
GE SR I and II

239 countries heard and 224 QSL'd (veried, for those in Glendale) using the
NASWA Country List.

And, as always, don't let your children attend the Sullivan College of
Technology & Design.

They've hired at least one dufus who once claimed to have a PhD and lied about
being arrested, and who knows, there may be more dufi there.

Old October 13th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
We are now into the 4th quarter of the year and still waiting...

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0070.html

I rather doubt that I'll purchase one, but still interested in the
concept/design.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires
GE SR I and II

Nothing new on this. I got an email from Richard 2 weeks
ago. he said they are still working thru channels. this
may be developed and made in the UK, but i'm thinking
Japan has the last say. and, i will buy one, just not
the first run. set her up right there next to my 7030+.

Drifter...
Old October 13th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:
We are now into the 4th quarter of the year and still waiting...

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0070.html

I rather doubt that I'll purchase one, but still interested in the
concept/design.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires
GE SR I and II

Nothing new on this. I got an email from Richard 2 weeks
ago. he said they are still working thru channels. this
may be developed and made in the UK, but i'm thinking
Japan has the last say. and, i will buy one, just not
the first run. set her up right there next to my 7030+.

I am very curious as to what the final price will be. I was astounded when I
found out what the KWZ 50 finally priced out at.

Old October 14th 09, 12:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:
We are now into the 4th quarter of the year and still waiting...

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0070.html

I rather doubt that I'll purchase one, but still interested in the
concept/design.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires
GE SR I and II

Nothing new on this. I got an email from Richard 2 weeks
ago. he said they are still working thru channels. this
may be developed and made in the UK, but i'm thinking
Japan has the last say. and, i will buy one, just not
the first run. set her up right there next to my 7030+.

I am very curious as to what the final price will be. I was astounded when I
found out what the KWZ 50 finally priced out at.

Hi Ace. prices are out of site. the used prices are killers.
i'm guessing over $2K, maybe closer to $3K.

Drifter...
Old October 14th 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:
We are now into the 4th quarter of the year and still waiting...

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0070.html

I rather doubt that I'll purchase one, but still interested in the
concept/design.

Nothing new on this. I got an email from Richard 2 weeks
ago. he said they are still working thru channels. this
may be developed and made in the UK, but i'm thinking
Japan has the last say. and, i will buy one, just not
the first run. set her up right there next to my 7030+.

I am very curious as to what the final price will be. I was astounded when I
found out what the KWZ 50 finally priced out at.

Hi Ace. prices are out of site. the used prices are killers.
i'm guessing over $2K, maybe closer to $3K.

I guess I'll just stick with what I have now and let you give me your impressions
of the unit after you obtain one.

My Obama Money hasn't come through yet.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 13th 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
We are now into the 4th quarter of the year and still waiting...

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0070.html

I rather doubt that I'll purchase one, but still interested in the
concept/design.

Apart from a sketchy drawing, there doesn't seem to any images out
there... Too bad

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/gakuji7n4nj...ive/2008/08/24

--
RigReference.com - Reference guide for ham radio equipment
http://rigreference.com/
Old October 14th 09, 04:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 13, 9:12*am, dxAce wrote:
We are now into the 4th quarter of the year and still waiting...

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0070.html

I rather doubt that I'll purchase one, but still interested in the
concept/design.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires
GE SR I and II

239 countries heard and 224 QSL'd (veried, for those in Glendale) using the
NASWA Country List.

And, as always, don't let your children attend the Sullivan College of
Technology & Design.

They've hired at least one dufus who once claimed to have a PhD and lied about
being arrested, and who knows, there may be more dufi there.

Why would anyone want to spend money on a high end shortwave radio?
Shortwave radio is DEAD!