Old October 30th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Pandora headed in-dash - bye, bye HD Radio - LOL!

"How Pandora Can Become the New Radio"

"The largest concern you should have is that Pandora's entry into the
auto market - something I view as inevitable - has the potential to
create a complete substitute for your (music-oriented) radio station.
And this will happen much faster than you think."

http://tinyurl.com/yhc6q6x

"CBS buys Last.fm - and what it means"

"It is inevitable that radio - or aspects of radio - will become
personalized. Instantly, the value of a huge 'variety' of channels or
stations will be obliterated. Because ultimately nobody wants a
hundred diverse channels or stations. They want THEIR one or two or
three diverse channels or stations. A hundred stations is what you
provide when technology limits you from doing better... Bad news for
HD Radio. Bad news for Satellite Radio."

http://www.hear2.com/2007/05/cbs_buys_lastfm.html

"Slacker iPhone app now available, users go wild"

"All for free, on your iPhone. The definition of 'radio' is changing
right before our eyes. And listeners know this. One review on iTunes
calls the Slacker iPhone app the first killer radio app... not only
does the Slacker app set the bar, but it changes things completely.
Another reviewer says that words cannot express how awesome this app
is, while yet another states that SiriusXM is in trouble."

http://tinyurl.com/7nyv46

Actually, adios music-oriented terrestrial radio. Let's see, do I want
to be able to create my own customized "radio stations", or be force-
fed someone else's crap programming on HD Radio. Slacker portable
radio comes pre-loaded with music and is updated through Wifi hotspots
- should be the same with Pandora. Pandora just killed the Radio Star
- LOL!
Old October 31st 09, 01:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Pandora headed in-dash - bye, bye Radio - LOL!

LOL - kiss "Radio" goodbye! - LOL

Got iPhone?
Old October 31st 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

N? ?baMa? wrote:
LOL - kiss "Radio" goodbye! - LOL

Got iPhone?

I-Phones are so last year.
Old November 1st 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 30, 3:04*pm, IBOCcrock wrote:
[...]

You know, people have been building their own playlist for years by
hitting the scan button. The concept isn't a new one. Like everything
else, old technology is replaced by new concepts that simply perform
better, in the eyes of the beholder.

AOL built their brand/business around dial-up service. Some customers
still love dial up today. But as DSL continued to price drop, dial-up
became far less attractive. Broadband users aren't hip, new adapters,
18-24's or anything else. They're you and me!

Have you notice the price and service trends with cell phone
companies? $50.00 buys you unlimited text, phone and web usage. And
I'd expect this trend to continue with price points...
sinking lower!

Pandora, customized radio in the car, is available to everyone! I'm
49, and still enjoy new music. Sites like ourstage.com, have opened up
a huge portal to more new new music, that I'll never hear on radio.

I also feel that listening to a strangers playlist, is akin to using
dial up service. Dial up service failed because it couldn't adapt to
the new world.

History repeats itself, only if you let it!
It's just so dam obvious and sad to anyone willing to open their eyes.
Old November 1st 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 1, 10:47�am, "Commander Col. Klink"
wrote:
[...]

It's just so dam obvious and sad to anyone willing to open their eyes.- Hide quoted text -

Pandora may not even have to use 3G/4G - the Slacker portable cones
pre-loaded, refreshed through Wifi hotspots. Let's hope Pandora will
work the same way - awsome!

Old November 1st 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Commander Col. Klink wrote:

I also feel that listening to a strangers playlist, is akin to using
dial up service. Dial up service failed because it couldn't adapt to
the new world.

History repeats itself, only if you let it!
It's just so dam obvious and sad to anyone willing to open their eyes.

I know more than you do. Shouldn't I turn you on to new stuff?