RadioBanter

-   -   Setting Your Clocks Back (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/147617-setting-your-clocks-back.html)

dxAce October 31st 09 04:28 PM

Setting Your Clocks Back

When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your GMT/UTC clock
back one hour as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] October 31st 09 05:06 PM

Setting Your Clocks Back

WebTV already set their Tick Tock Clock back one hour a few days ago.At
least according to the TV programs listings on my WebTV set top box
thingy.I have four Clocks to set back.The big antique Ansonia wood case
Clock on my living room wall, the Clock in my 1983 Dodge Van, the little
Clock (wris****ch pendant thingy I wear on the front of my old shirt, I
quit wearing a wris****ch on my wrist many years ago, it was always
getting in my way, and my computer Clock.

Some Idiot is doing tire burnouts up the street from doggys couch.
cuhulin

Somebody Somewhere October 31st 09 05:19 PM

Setting Your Clocks Back

On Oct 31, 12:28*pm, dxAce wrote:
When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your GMT/UTC clock
back one hour as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?

Nick Danger October 31st 09 05:42 PM

Setting Your Clocks Back

Somebody Somewhere wrote:

Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?

YOU are correct.

Lare is wrong (a condition he is not unfamiliar with).

But then, it's the weekend, and well, you know, he sorta...ahem...shall
we say, sometimes gets a little too friendly with that fire water.

Or, on the other hand...he could be saying it "tongue in cheek", trying
to fish in the newbies. ;-)

Your pick.

dxAce October 31st 09 05:51 PM

Setting Your Clocks Back

Somebody Somewhere wrote:

Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?

YOU are correct.

Lare is wrong (a condition he is not unfamiliar with).

You're a dufus (a condition, nay, a way of life that you are very familiar with).

dxAce October 31st 09 06:00 PM

Setting Your Clocks Back

Somebody Somewhere wrote:

On Oct 31, 12:28 pm, dxAce wrote:
When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your GMT/UTC clock
back one hour as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?

Noooooooooooo! That changes as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dave October 31st 09 06:12 PM

Setting Your Clocks Back

dxAce wrote:
When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your GMT/UTC clock
back one hour as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

My clocks set themselves.

[email protected] October 31st 09 06:13 PM

Setting Your Clocks Back

www.devilfinder.com
Is GMT/UTC time constant throughout the year?

All of that jazz is explained.You decide.Verily.
cuhulin

dave October 31st 09 06:25 PM

Setting Your Clocks Back

dxAce wrote:

Somebody Somewhere wrote:

On Oct 31, 12:28 pm, dxAce wrote:
When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your GMT/UTC clock
back one hour as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?

Noooooooooooo! That changes as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

It does not. It is 7 hours ahead today and it will be 8 hours ahead
tomorrow. I am in the Pacific time zone.

[email protected][_2_] October 31st 09 06:37 PM

Setting Your Clocks Back

On Oct 31, 10:42*am, Nick Danger wrote:
Lare is wrong (a condition he is not unfamiliar with).

No matter how wrong he is, he will never admit it.