Old October 31st 09, 04:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Setting Your Clocks Back

When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your GMT/UTC clock
back one hour as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 31st 09, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

WebTV already set their Tick Tock Clock back one hour a few days ago.At
least according to the TV programs listings on my WebTV set top box
thingy.I have four Clocks to set back.The big antique Ansonia wood case
Clock on my living room wall, the Clock in my 1983 Dodge Van, the little
Clock (wris****ch pendant thingy I wear on the front of my old shirt, I
quit wearing a wris****ch on my wrist many years ago, it was always
getting in my way, and my computer Clock.

Some Idiot is doing tire burnouts up the street from doggys couch.
cuhulin

Old October 31st 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 31, 12:28*pm, dxAce wrote:
When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your GMT/UTC clock
back one hour as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?
Old October 31st 09, 05:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Somebody Somewhere wrote:

Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?

YOU are correct.

Lare is wrong (a condition he is not unfamiliar with).

But then, it's the weekend, and well, you know, he sorta...ahem...shall
we say, sometimes gets a little too friendly with that fire water.

Or, on the other hand...he could be saying it "tongue in cheek", trying
to fish in the newbies. ;-)

Your pick.
Old October 31st 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Somebody Somewhere wrote:

Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?

YOU are correct.

Lare is wrong (a condition he is not unfamiliar with).

You're a dufus (a condition, nay, a way of life that you are very familiar with).

Old October 31st 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Somebody Somewhere wrote:

On Oct 31, 12:28 pm, dxAce wrote:
When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your GMT/UTC clock
back one hour as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?

Noooooooooooo! That changes as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 31st 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your GMT/UTC clock
back one hour as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

My clocks set themselves.
Old October 31st 09, 06:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.devilfinder.com
Is GMT/UTC time constant throughout the year?

All of that jazz is explained.You decide.Verily.
cuhulin

Old October 31st 09, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Somebody Somewhere wrote:

On Oct 31, 12:28 pm, dxAce wrote:
When setting your clocks back tonight, don't forget to set your GMT/UTC clock
back one hour as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Why? I thought GMT/UTC was constant throughout the year?

Noooooooooooo! That changes as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

It does not. It is 7 hours ahead today and it will be 8 hours ahead
tomorrow. I am in the Pacific time zone.
Old October 31st 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 31, 10:42*am, Nick Danger wrote:
Lare is wrong (a condition he is not unfamiliar with).

No matter how wrong he is, he will never admit it.

Struble's setting up for the IPO, folks! [email protected] Shortwave 0 May 15th 08 06:53 PM
cautions setting up new rig? Jeff[_2_] General 3 April 4th 07 08:58 PM
setting up rigblaster wf3h Digital 5 October 15th 06 11:53 PM
SETTING UP AN OPTIMOD AM steve Broadcasting 3 June 27th 04 07:13 PM
setting up an indoor CB set Frank Gilliland CB 4 July 13th 03 04:06 PM