Old November 11th 09, 07:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Which one would you keep?

In article 3da53b3b-8ebe-49b2-ba2b-4278880a9be9
@b15g2000yqd.googlegroups.com, says...
Hello Gentlemen,

Due to life changes, different interests and the wife=3Fs request, I am
thinking of thinning down my collection of radios. I say thinning
because I need to keep something just in case interests ever come back
to me. I=3Fm still really struggling over which to sell between the
Drake or the JRC. Both these rigs are king in their own right. It=3Fs
so hard to pick one over the other. Maybe you guys can help me.
What=3Fs really hard is coming up with a price for all these too. In
the end I would like to keep one desktop and one portable.

Drake R7A =3F like new
=3F Filters 6.0, 4.0, 3.2, 2.7, 1.8, 1.0 (I also have the 8.0 but not
installed)
=3F AUX 7 Board (not installed)
=3F MS4 Speaker
=3F Full set of factory manuals including service manual
=3F New blue LED light retrofit. No more incandescent bulbs to burn out
=3F Fully serviced by Drake just before they shut down this service
=3F Drake RV75 VFO with all cables and boxes plus manual
=3F Sherwood made converter box for SE-3 compatibility

JRC NRD-515 =3F like new
=3F Gilfer filter mod with 8.0, 6.0, 3.5, 2.4
=3F Bournes 10-Turn Pot mod by Gilfer
=3F Sherwood modified for SE-3 compatibility
=3F NDH-518 96 channel memory unit
=3F NVA-515 Matching speaker and original box
=3F Full documentation including service manual
=3F NCM-515 key pad controller

Collins R390 (Collins tagged) - excellent condition with all Army
manuals
=3F Technical Material Corp. CV-591A SSB Converter with factory manual
=3F CY979A/URR Case

Collins R390A - good condition with all Army manuals
=3F Technical Material Corp. CV-657A SSB Converter with factory manual
=3F CY979A/URR Case

Panasonic RF2200 =3F excellent condition
=3F With reprinted manual

Sony 2010 with Kiwa filter mod and Gilfer bag and cover =3F excellent
condition

Sherwood SE-3 Synch Detector

Hi John,

I would personally keep the NRD, but the R7A is a great radio too, but
not nearly as pleasant to use as the JRC is. I had to sell some of my
toys recently due to finances, but I still hung onto my 515. I just got
offered a lot of money for it, and I might just bite. With all the stuff
you have with it, as a "set" it would probably go for over $2K.
--

BDK..
Leader of the nonexistent paid shills.
Old November 11th 09, 11:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

BDK wrote:
[...]

John. I'm with BDK on this one. both are great receivers. the R7A should
pull in at the least $1.5K to $2.0K. market is solid on the Drake. the
515 is a real classic. less made than the Drake. the JRC, with the
extras, and the SE3 should bring up to $2.5K to maybe $3.0K. i just saw
the keyboard and controller go for $650.00 last month on ebay. SE3's
go for 4 to $550.00 all the time. i, myself like the 515. got 2 here,
one box stock, other with all the mods. i would hate to have to part
with either one. always hard to let a receiver go. and, looking down
the road, if you let one go, you may never get another. people hang
on to both of these. back in the day, i let a JRC 505 go, and have
been looking for another for way too long. so, do you really need that
second car? just my 2 cents.

Drifter...

Old November 11th 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

If you buy a new, or second hand car, the car depreciates in value.Your
radios go up in value.
If you really need a second car, you can look around and find a good
second hand car for not too much money.
I say, keep both radios.
cuhulin