Old November 15th 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default RCA RP7887 AM/FM Super Portable Radio (SuperRadio) - You Won'tBelieve This Price

Check out today's price for the RCA RP7887 AM/FM Super Portable Radio
(formerly the GE SuperRadio) at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-RP7887-Sup...51006&sr =8-1

If it has bad dial calibration or other well-known flaws, well at this
price who cares?

It's a few cents higher than it was earlier today when I ordered one
but it's still a fantastic buy at this price. I don't know how long
Amazon will keep it this low, today is Nov. 14, but it's sure worth
ordering at today's price.
Old November 16th 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Lawrence wrote:
Check out today's price for the RCA RP7887 AM/FM Super Portable Radio
(formerly the GE SuperRadio) at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-RP7887-Sup...51006&sr =8-1

If it has bad dial calibration or other well-known flaws, well at this
price who cares?

It's a few cents higher than it was earlier today when I ordered one
but it's still a fantastic buy at this price. I don't know how long
Amazon will keep it this low, today is Nov. 14, but it's sure worth
ordering at today's price.

I'd love to see larger image and more specs!

--
RigReference.com - Reference guide for ham radio equipment
http://rigreference.com/
Old November 16th 09, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Well if you didn't order it Sunday Nov. 14 you're out of luck. It's
back up to its normal price again. Too bad if you missed it. I ordered
one @ $20.66 and when I posted the message it was $20.92. But with
Amazon you have to move fast or you lose out. Anyway you might want to
check the radio's price from time to time this season. Who knows they
might lower it again.
Old November 24th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The radio arrived a few days after I ordered it - and it was an
OBVIOUS "return." You know the little tab which holds the cover in on
a box? Generally it is stiff. Not this one - the box had obviously
been opened and I said to myself, even before I got the radio out of
the box, "This is a returned item." And it sure was! Plus, it was
returned for a reason: the AM section did not function properly at
all; even my local 50,000 Watt KYW NewsRadio 1060 kHz came in weakly
and there was a great deal of hiss on all of the AM band.

So I contacted Amazon via their customer service e-mail and I
explained that the radio was obviously "used" and returned. As I had
ordered and paid for a new radio, I wished to exchange the one I
received. I quickly received a shipping label (I had several choices:
take it to a local UPS pick-up location, have UPS pick it up - both of
these options free to me, or to return it though my local post office,
for which I would have to pay postage which would be refunded. I chose
to bring it to a local UPS store which is less than a mile away) and
it was shipped and scheduled to arrive today, November 24 - and it
did.

In the mean time, Amazon shipped another RCA Superradio to me and it
too arrived today, November 24. This unit, a new one, is fine (though
when I took it out of the box, the Power button had come loose and was
askew. I thought, "Oh brother! If THIS one is defective too, I'm just
going to ask for my money back." But when I pressed down on it, it
seated itself properly and it seems to be okay. This radio also
functions correctly. AM is excellent and good sounding (as is to be
expected) and FM is fine too. By the way, this is not my first
Superradio. I have the GE Superradio III version also as well as the
Superradio I and II so I know how this radio is supposed to function.

Anyway, at $20.66 and with Amazon having to pay shipping three times,
they certainly didn't make an money from THIS sale! But I got a
bargain.

I suggest that anyone interested keep monitoring Amazon's site to
check the price of this radio. Check a couple of times every day if
you're interested. Maybe they'll offer it again at this low price, but
I wouldn't hold my breath ...