Old December 16th 09, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Anyone else hear the "sweeping" on 4875 ?

In upper Great Lakes area, every night, I am hearing a sweeping transmission
while listening to a Brazilian station (Radio Clube do Para) on 4875 kc. It
is fairly narrow covering only
approximately 4 kc. Will try to DF it tonight and get a rough idea of from
where it is originating although
that's a hard thing to do on a sweep signal. Its signal strength is
comparable to approximately the same
relative strength of the Brazilian station on peaks which, last night, was a
SINPO of 35533 although on previous nights
Radio Clube do Para arrived here with a SINPO of 45544 and the sweep was
equally superimposed on them.

Anyone else hearing it?

WPE9GHF

P.S. Though unfashionable, I prefer using "KC"; my apologies to those who
find this unsavory.