Old January 5th 10, 08:20 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.fan.letterman

Default With Billion Dollar Presidential Campaigns -- Pork Barrel ProjectsMay End?

The following is the personal opinion of the author, who reserves the
right to republish this piece for profit, which you may read at your
own risk, without any legal liabilities to the author or anyone who
may publish or share this article (which must include this disclaimer)
for which you here by waive the ability to sue for any reason in whole
or in part in or outside of a court of law, if you do not agree, the
entire article is to be considered a work of fiction, since you
apparently want to live in an imaginary world.

When national organizations can raise a billion dollars to elect a
Senator to President, just how do you expect Congress to continue in
the sincere argument that pork barrel projects are really necessary?
One way to cut down on frivolous spending, and frivolous floor time,
would be to require that communities submit petitions for "pork
barrel" projects that actually prove the community needs and can not
finance it themselves?

Sincerely, I have lost the respect of Democrats, who can require that
environmental impact statements that span the time of hundred of hours
worth of lawyers time and reports, can not seem to get a grip on the
financial impact of their own spending habits on the economy?

If you can raise hundreds of millions of dollars in campaign money,
why are you holding your hand out and looting the paychecks of
Americans who do not want that to happen, but trust these
polititicians not to do that? Should we start requiring that anyone
who approaches a member of Congress with their hand out, be a
certified money raiser? In other words, if we can require
electricians to hold licenses, should not those who petition Congress
hold a license that proves they know how to raise money by other
means?

Supporting documentation? Petitions, fund raising receipts,
advertising campaigns (with the same zeal they pursue environmental
impact statements?)? Tax payers want fair treatment, we don't union
members getting special treatment, we don't want IRS forms that
require computer programs to figure out, and we don't want a Congress
that makes us feel like we have a three year old again and we have to
scour the house looking for potential hazards to put up or throw away?

We want to be tax payers, not slaves? If commerce is international,
and you go around bashing America around the world for all its
mistakes, what on Earth makes you think you can run a business in an
international community without people making fun of you behind your
back?
Well, isn't that the logic behind goverment take overs of the banking
and car industries?

When half your work week goes towards paying taxes, you are a slave?
And just how patriotic do you think rich people get when they have to
pay extra taxes, and that money is not spent in the economy on
services and products made and supported by those who do not make as
much money?

And why is the Executive Branch given the power to create law making
agencies? Is that not the job of Congress? Talk about gridlock, how
many "executive" branch agencies not only fall under the authority of
the President, but are also micro managed by not one, not two, but
three or more Congressional Committees?

The facts of the matter are clear, Congress is only so large for a
reason, to prohibit the power and spending ability of the
government? Should there be one, three, five and ten year goals to
strip out spending programs regulatory agencies that we really do not
need?

At this stage in the game, the Democrat Party is doing such a poor job
that George Bush could run for election and win with enthusiastic
support of the American People?

The Democrats actually pay their media spin doctors? Isn't that a
violation of FCC regulations somewhere, something about false
advertising? If a President makes a campaign promise, and breaks it,
then FCC regulations should require fines equal to the amount of
advertising spending on those lies? That one sentence in the law
would be a revolution in America?

Have a nice day, we love you!