Old January 14th 10, 05:22 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.letterman,rec.radio.shortwave,uk.politics.misc

Default Pearls before the Swine?

Lets ask our fearless Pope in Italy, do you cast your pearls to help
the impoverished citizens of corrupt dictators? Would aid, food, and
money be casting your pearls? Or does the aid only empower
corruption?

When was the last time the world gave to Mexico, or other poor
nations? Because they don't want to cast their perls before swine?

I did not say that, Jesus Christ said that?

I believe it is time for me to pray......

Good day.

Old January 14th 10, 11:23 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.letterman,rec.radio.shortwave,uk.politics.misc

"MagneticEnergy" wrote in message
Lets ask our fearless Pope in Italy, do you cast your pearls to help
the impoverished citizens of corrupt dictators? Would aid, food, and
money be casting your pearls? Or does the aid only empower
corruption?

When was the last time the world gave to Mexico, or other poor
nations? Because they don't want to cast their perls before swine?

I did not say that, Jesus Christ said that?

No, He didn't.

"Cast not you pearls before swine, lest the swine trample them underfoot"
does not refer to jewels or gold, or money - but to the Gospel, itself.

Christ is referred to as 'the pearl of greatest price' - the greatest, most
wonderful, and most lasting treasure than any man can ever possess, because
to find *that* 'pearl' is to find everlasting life in heaven.

Those who have found peace with God through the Lord Jesus are instructed
to tell others, in order that *they* might have the opportunity of escaping
damnation too.

However, if those to whom they tell the gospel reject it, sneer at it,
blaspheme and curse it - then Christians are instructed to go on their way
and leave them alone - lest, by continually preaching at them, they end up
metaphorically casting that precious pearl, Jesus, into a pig-sty to be
trodden into the filth.

Old January 14th 10, 12:55 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.letterman,rec.radio.shortwave,uk.politics.misc

"dave" wrote in message
[...]

Shouldn't you have said 'Oink'?............time to pass by your sty,
methinks.

Old January 14th 10, 01:26 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,uk.politics.misc

"Pearls Before Swine" is my FAVORITE comic strip! I just LOVE Stephan
Pastis, Rat, Goat, Pig, Zebra and the Crocs!
Old January 14th 10, 02:03 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.letterman,rec.radio.shortwave,uk.politics.misc

On Jan 14, 11:23*am, "the gods have made us mad"
wrote:

No, He didn't.

"Cast not you pearls before swine, lest the swine trample them underfoot"
does not refer to jewels or gold, or money - but to the Gospel, itself.

good take.
Old January 14th 10, 04:58 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.letterman,rec.radio.shortwave,uk.politics.misc

"dave" wrote in message
the gods have made us mad wrote:

However, if those to whom they tell the gospel reject it, sneer at it,
blaspheme and curse it - then Christians are instructed to go on their
way and leave them alone - lest, by continually preaching at them, they
end up metaphorically casting that precious pearl, Jesus, into a pig-sty
to be trodden into the filth.

Bull****!

Shouldn't you have said 'Oink'?............time to pass by your sty,
methinks.

We should be so lucky as to be left alone by the Bible thumpers.

One thing Jesus does not want is a perverse institution full of power
freaks named after him.