RadioBanter

-   -   Semi OT question for the group. (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/149347-semi-ot-question-group.html)

Poopy Fart January 22nd 10 07:13 PM

Semi OT question for the group.

I have an Icom R-7100 receiver that seems deaf to me. It receives everywhere
just fine, but the sensitivity doesn't seem to match the specs. It may just
need a re-alinement.

Where is the best place to have an Icom receivers repaired?

TIA

dave January 22nd 10 07:24 PM

Poopy Fart wrote:
I have an Icom R-7100 receiver that seems deaf to me. It receives everywhere
just fine, but the sensitivity doesn't seem to match the specs. It may just
need a re-alinement.

Where is the best place to have an Icom receivers repaired?

TIA

ICOM America is in Washington State

D. Peter Maus January 22nd 10 08:00 PM

On 1/22/10 13:13 , Poopy Fart wrote:
I have an Icom R-7100 receiver that seems deaf to me. It receives everywhere
just fine, but the sensitivity doesn't seem to match the specs. It may just
need a re-alinement.

Where is the best place to have an Icom receivers repaired?

TIA

ICOM.

Send it to Bellevue, Washington. It will like the change of
scenery, and they'll bring it up to snuff quickly, and at the least
total cost.

[email protected] January 22nd 10 11:00 PM

Semi OT question for the group.

http://www.icomamerica.com
http://icomamerica.com/en

Yes, send it to Icom.
cuhulin

dxAce January 23rd 10 09:03 AM

Poopy Fart wrote:

I have an Icom R-7100 receiver that seems deaf to me. It receives everywhere
just fine, but the sensitivity doesn't seem to match the specs. It may just
need a re-alinement.

Where is the best place to have an Icom receivers repaired?

Depends upon your location I suppose. There is factory service in Michigan at
http://www.sarts1.com/. Located in St. Joseph, Michigan. I've heard they do good
work.

dxAce
Michigan