Old January 22nd 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Semi OT question for the group.

I have an Icom R-7100 receiver that seems deaf to me. It receives everywhere
just fine, but the sensitivity doesn't seem to match the specs. It may just
need a re-alinement.

Where is the best place to have an Icom receivers repaired?

TIA
Old January 22nd 10, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Poopy Fart wrote:
I have an Icom R-7100 receiver that seems deaf to me. It receives everywhere
just fine, but the sensitivity doesn't seem to match the specs. It may just
need a re-alinement.

Where is the best place to have an Icom receivers repaired?

TIA

ICOM America is in Washington State
Old January 22nd 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/22/10 13:13 , Poopy Fart wrote:
I have an Icom R-7100 receiver that seems deaf to me. It receives everywhere
just fine, but the sensitivity doesn't seem to match the specs. It may just
need a re-alinement.

Where is the best place to have an Icom receivers repaired?

TIA

ICOM.

Send it to Bellevue, Washington. It will like the change of
scenery, and they'll bring it up to snuff quickly, and at the least
total cost.

Old January 22nd 10, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.icomamerica.com
http://icomamerica.com/en

Yes, send it to Icom.
cuhulin

Old January 23rd 10, 09:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Poopy Fart wrote:

I have an Icom R-7100 receiver that seems deaf to me. It receives everywhere
just fine, but the sensitivity doesn't seem to match the specs. It may just
need a re-alinement.

Where is the best place to have an Icom receivers repaired?

Depends upon your location I suppose. There is factory service in Michigan at
http://www.sarts1.com/. Located in St. Joseph, Michigan. I've heard they do good
work.

dxAce
Michigan