Old February 23rd 10, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Liberty Net for Week of February 20-27

Liberty Net for Week of February 20-27

http://3950.net/2010/02/liberty-net-...ebruary-20-27/

by Kevin Strom, WB4AIO

IONOSPHERIC PROPAGATION was wildly inconsistent this week and there
was interference from a CW contester who runs very high power, but
the weekly Liberty Net current events discussion was as
free-spirited and informative as always. The jammers that plagued
the Net last week, probably disappointed by their inability to
disrupt the proceedings, seem to have given up. Here are a just a
few of the many topics brought up on the latest Liberty Net:
Listen to or download this week's Liberty Net

• The tragic intentional plane crash by Andrew Stack, a victim of
the IRS, is just the tip of the iceberg — many good, hard-working,
honest Americans have committed suicide because of abuse by the IRS.
There are hundreds of other, more honest, less intrusive ways of
financing needed public functions. It’s time to abolish the income
tax. (22 minutes)

• What was the motivation of the Ohio man who, besieged by banks and
creditors and tax collectors, decided to bulldoze his own beautiful
house? (37 minutes)

• With the massive infusion of created “money,” will the American
economy experience inflation higher than the 16% that some are
predicting? (45 minutes)

• There’s no need for cable or satellite pay television now that the
Web has sites like http://justin.tv (52 minutes)

• Will Tea Party enthusiasts reject the establishment
“conservatives” (like Dick Armey and John McCain) who are attempting
to muscle their way into control of that grassroots liberty
movement? (59 minutes)

• Will commissars from the European Union now be dictating new taxes
and laws for Greeks — effectively taking away their sovereignty? (1
hour 22 minutes)

• Why was George Soros badmouthing investment in gold at the very
same time he was buying it? (1 hour 32 minutes)

• Many of the nicest people on amateur radio are those who operate
in the amplitude modulation (AM) mode. (1 hour 35 minutes)

• No one could have predicted that East Germany’s once all-powerful
secret police organization, the Stasi, could have been overthrown in
a few hours by an aroused populace — but it was. Will the same
things happen to the modern American versions of the Stasi, the IRS
and other branches of the regime in Washington? (2 hours 10 minutes)

• The Washington regime is telling Social Security retirees that the
inflation rate is now negative, so no Cost of Living Adjustment
(COLA) will be given to them this year. But at the very same time
Congress granted itself a 9% COLA! (2 hours 31 minutes)

• Was former Congressman Jim Traficant railroaded into federal
prison on false charges because he was telling the truth, as was
Liberty Net participant Kevin Strom? He can now tell his own story
on the radio and the Internet. (3 hours 10 minutes)

• The reign of Jack Welch at GE was not at all like it has been
presented to the public; there were many shady practices and insider
deals that hurt both shareholders and the American public. (4 hours
30 minutes)

This week’s audio file size is about 114 MB, with a total length of
5 hours 34 minutes.

The Liberty Net is one of the longest-running nets in amateur radio
history, and is certainly the most exciting discussion net in
existence. If you’re an amateur operator, feel free to join in —
and, license or not, join in on N2SAG’s live chat during Net hours.

Remember that you can receive the Liberty Net on the nearest clear
frequency to 3950 kHz every Saturday night at 10PM Eastern Time, or
listen live on the Internet via N2SAG or N2IRJ, or listen at your
leisure — on your computer or mp3 player — via the downloadable
audio files posted here at http://3950.net every week.

Once again, thanks to W1WCR for his superb work as Net Control
Station, and to N2IRJ for his excellent receiving and recording efforts.

http://3950.net/2010/02/liberty-net-...ebruary-20-27/

--
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/
Old February 24th 10, 07:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 23, 2:17*pm, Kevin Alfred Strom
wrote:
Liberty Net for Week of February 20-27

http://3950.net/2010/02/liberty-net-...ebruary-20-27/

--http://kevinalfredstrom.com/

Thank you for posting a weekly synopsis of what was said on the
Liberty Net.

When listening to the recording on your website is there a way to fast
forward the streamed audio? Usually one can push the recording forward
but I am unable to do so with yours. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
Old February 24th 10, 12:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Liberty Net for Week of February 20-27

http://3950.net/2010/02/liberty-net-...ebruary-20-27/

--http://kevinalfredstrom.com/

Thank you for posting a weekly synopsis of what was said on the
Liberty Net.

When listening to the recording on your website is there a way to fast
forward the streamed audio? Usually one can push the recording forward
but I am unable to do so with yours. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

You're welcome.

There are two ways to skip around in the recording.

One is to download the recording (by right-clicking on the
recording's link and then saving it to your hard drive) and then
simply listen to it on your favorite media player.

The second method is to use the embedded player on the Web page --
when you click the recording's link, you'll see a light grey bar
appear under the link after some seconds have elapsed. It turns dark
grey as buffering progresses. The dark grey is a progress bar which
shows how much of the recording has been buffered to your temp file.
The left-hand part of the bar turns blue to show where you are
currently listening.

By clicking on the bar, you can make the playback jump to any point
that has been buffered so far. Eventually, depending on the speed of
your connection, you'll be able to jump anywhere on the time line.
Below the bar you can see a readout of where you are relative to the
total length of the recording.

Glad you find the posts of value,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/
Old February 25th 10, 01:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Liberty Net for Week of February 20-27

http://3950.net/2010/02/liberty-net-...ebruary-20-27/

--http://kevinalfredstrom.com/

Thank you for posting a weekly synopsis of what was said on the
Liberty Net.

When listening to the recording on your website is there a way to fast
forward the streamed audio? Usually one can push the recording forward
but I am unable to do so with yours. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

The Liberty Net is a can't miss show IMO.
Old February 25th 10, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Can't download the audio file because I'm on dial-up and it would take
5 hours. Listening via stream I see all the fields and bar you mention
and understand exactly what you are talking about. However the blue
bar won't advance forward at all no matter how many attempts I make.

I have no problems doing this on other sites when listening to audio
files but can't do it on yours and I've tried using three different
browsers.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply to my inquiry.

Old February 25th 10, 06:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Priest wrote:
Can't download the audio file because I'm on dial-up and it would take
5 hours. Listening via stream I see all the fields and bar you mention
and understand exactly what you are talking about. However the blue
bar won't advance forward at all no matter how many attempts I make.

I have no problems doing this on other sites when listening to audio
files but can't do it on yours and I've tried using three different
browsers.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply to my inquiry.

You're welcome.

Probably your problems are just due to to your slow connection
coupled with the huge 120 MB-plus size of the Liberty Net files. On
a five to seven hour file, it will take a while -- say a quarter
hour or so -- before the blue section advances much on the progress bar.

You could try the shortest file on the page as an experiment. It's
in the left column of http://3950.net/ near the top, under Recent
Recordings. It's titled "WA1HLR/WB2CAU discuss 75 meter numbers
station." It's about 1/100th the size of the Liberty Net files.

Maybe I need to break up the Net files into smaller sections for
people with slow connections.

With my best,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/
Old February 27th 10, 03:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 23, 3:17*pm, Kevin Alfred Strom
wrote:
Liberty Net for Week of February 20-27

You people make me sick.
You're child molesters
You're baby killers
You come in here
You don't know what you're talking about.
You don't have a job
You live with your mama
You're going to jail
Iiinnnnnn Arkinnnn-sawwwwww

Loose orifice killed my dawg shane.
Chicken fornicator killed my dawg shane.
Victor Misek killed my dawg shane.
Everybody killed my dawg shane.

WA9KJI is the greatest ham operator to ever key a mic.
N4SX in downtown Washington DC is the greatest ham operator to ever
key a mic.
Bill Clinton listens to 3950 every night.
Bill Clinton is the best president this country ever had.
Water melon man can go take a flying leap.