Old March 7th 10, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Argentine Amateur LT1F - 7061 kHz

LT1F, Argentina, 7061 LSB, S-5 solid copy in English, 7 March 2010
after 0400z. Contest contacts.

Bruce Jensen
Old March 7th 10, 04:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 6, 11:14*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
LT1F, Argentina, 7061 LSB, S-5 solid copy in English, 7 March 2010
after 0400z. *Contest contacts.

Bruce Jensen

What antenna are you using, may I ask?
Old March 7th 10, 04:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 6, 8:18*pm, wrote:
On Mar 6, 11:14*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

LT1F, Argentina, 7061 LSB, S-5 solid copy in English, 7 March 2010
after 0400z. *Contest contacts.

Bruce Jensen

* What antenna are you using, may I ask?

Hi, Arthur - I have an Icom R75, fed by (1) 16-meter inverted L at 20
feet, and (2) DX-Ultra multiband dipole through a MFJ-1026 noise
canceller.

BTW, also have another Argentine Ham on 7069 usb, LP1H at about 0420
to 0428. Excellent signal and copy. Must be a lovely late summer
evening down there for contest expedition!

Bruce
Old March 7th 10, 04:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 6, 8:30*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Mar 6, 8:18*pm, wrote:

On Mar 6, 11:14*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

LT1F, Argentina, 7061 LSB, S-5 solid copy in English, 7 March 2010
after 0400z. *Contest contacts.

Bruce Jensen

* What antenna are you using, may I ask?

Hi, Arthur - I have an Icom R75, fed by (1) 16-meter inverted L at 20
feet, and (2) DX-Ultra multiband dipole through a MFJ-1026 noise
canceller.

BTW, also have another Argentine Ham on 7069 usb, LP1H at about 0420
to 0428. *Excellent signal and copy. *Must be a lovely late summer
evening down there for contest expedition!

Bruce

Sorry meant to say 7069 LSB.
Old March 7th 10, 07:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 6, 8:18*pm, wrote:

On Mar 6, 11:14*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

LT1F, Argentina, 7061 LSB, S-5 solid copy in English, 7 March 2010
after 0400z. *Contest contacts.

Bruce Jensen

* What antenna are you using, may I ask?

Hi, Arthur - I have an Icom R75, fed by (1) 16-meter inverted L at 20
feet, and (2) DX-Ultra multiband dipole through a MFJ-1026 noise
canceller.

BTW, also have another Argentine Ham on 7069 usb, LP1H at about 0420
to 0428. *Excellent signal and copy. *Must be a lovely late summer
evening down there for contest expedition!

Bruce

Sorry meant to say 7069 LSB.- Hide quoted text -

Just wondering,do you switch between the two antennas and is there
any grounding invoved.

Old March 7th 10, 07:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 6, 8:18*pm, wrote:

On Mar 6, 11:14*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

LT1F, Argentina, 7061 LSB, S-5 solid copy in English, 7 March 2010
after 0400z. *Contest contacts.

Bruce Jensen

* What antenna are you using, may I ask?

Hi, Arthur - I have an Icom R75, fed by (1) 16-meter inverted L at 20
feet, and (2) DX-Ultra multiband dipole through a MFJ-1026 noise
canceller.

BTW, also have another Argentine Ham on 7069 usb, LP1H at about 0420
to 0428. *Excellent signal and copy. *Must be a lovely late summer
evening down there for contest expedition!

Bruce

Sorry meant to say 7069 LSB.- Hide quoted text -

*Just wondering,do you switch between the two antennas and is there
any grounding invoved.

Well - both antennas enter the house via coaxial cable and meet at the
MFJ-1026 - a phaser - that allows the signals to be combined to either
fortify a signal or null a noise/groundwave station. The DX-Ultra,
being a balanced antenna, is not grounded at any point until the coax
arrives at the 1026, where a ground line runs to a ground rod outside
the house. The coax, however, arrives from a 9:1 matching transformer
outside the house at the ground rod, so that one is grounded.

In the 1026, I can shut off one or the other antenna if I wish.

I have been seriously thinking of reconfiguring some of this. I'd
like to add another wire - the 1026 likes two equally matched antennas
- and maybe a large closed loop around the yard for lower noise on 60
meters. I hate to lose the DX-Ultra - it's good on 41 and 49 meters
and da bomb on 25 meters and higher freqs, quiet and strong, much
better than my wire - but on a tiny lot I am afraid it may interfere
with any other antenna I may put up.

Bruce
Old March 20th 10, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 6, 9:14*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
LT1F, Argentina, 7061 LSB, S-5 solid copy in English, 7 March 2010
after 0400z. *Contest contacts.

Bruce Jensen

Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina - QSL received on this station, March 20
2010, via QSL manager in Oregon.