Old March 12th 10, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default BDK, and anyone using the JRC NRD515.

http://jlkolb.cts.com/site/koku.htm

you may want to check your filters. my older, lower
serial numbered, had this filter in it. the newer,
higher serial numbered, with the mods, didn't.
just a little heads-up i picked up at the Fest last
weekend.

Drifter...
Old March 13th 10, 01:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
says...
http://jlkolb.cts.com/site/koku.htm

you may want to check your filters. my older, lower
serial numbered, had this filter in it. the newer,
higher serial numbered, with the mods, didn't.
just a little heads-up i picked up at the Fest last
weekend.

Drifter...

Thanks, that foam seems to turn up in the most surprising places. When
it gets old, it's a mess.
--

BDK..
Leader of the nonexistent paid shills.
Old March 14th 10, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 12, 12:21*pm, Drifter wrote:
*http://jlkolb.cts.com/site/koku.htm

you may want to check your filters. my older, lower
serial numbered, had this filter in it. the newer,
higher serial numbered, with the mods, didn't.
just a little heads-up i picked up at the Fest last
weekend.

Drifter...

Thanks, Man - seems like a potentially useful piece of data. Good
luck with yours, a damn nice rig!

Bruce
Old March 15th 10, 04:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 3/13/2010 9:21 PM, bpnjensen wrote:
On Mar 12, 12:21 pm, wrote:
http://jlkolb.cts.com/site/koku.htm

you may want to check your filters. my older, lower
serial numbered, had this filter in it. the newer,
higher serial numbered, with the mods, didn't.
just a little heads-up i picked up at the Fest last
weekend.

Drifter...

Thanks, Man - seems like a potentially useful piece of data. Good
luck with yours, a damn nice rig!

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. trouble is, those made-in-japan filter's were used
in a number of receivers from the 60s to the early 90s. which years
are bad, i have no info. and, how many radio manufactures used them
with their own name on them. so, for guys like me, who collect, it
could turn into a nightmare. BTW, the 515 is a super receiver. i play
with the stock one a few hours a week. vary quiet receiver. i have the
whole JRC run in my collection, except the "505". less than 800 made,
and super hard to find. the last one that popped up went for over $3k.
much more than i want to pay. enjoy your receiver.

Drifter...
Old March 15th 10, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 12, 12:21 pm, *wrote:
[...]

Well, I don't have one yet - but I know them, and eventually hope to
have one. Thanks!