RadioBanter

-   -   Radio New Zealand (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/150251-radio-new-zealand.html)

ai8o March 12th 10 10:35 PM

Radio New Zealand

RNZI on 11725 KHz 0554-0641 GMT March 12,2010.
According to their website this is a daily broadcast

bpnjensen March 12th 10 10:53 PM

Radio New Zealand

On Mar 12, 2:35*pm, ai8o wrote:
RNZI on 11725 KHz 0554-0641 GMT March 12,2010.
According to their website this is a daily broadcast

Yes, that's correct. Every night, although once in awhile they are
AWOL for some reason. At the end of this segment (0659) they switch
immediately over to 31 meters and carry on there. Here on the U.S.
west coast, generally excellent signal.

Bruce

ai8o March 14th 10 10:50 PM

Radio New Zealand

On Mar 12, 6:53*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Mar 12, 2:35*pm, ai8o wrote:

RNZI on 11725 KHz 0554-0641 GMT March 12,2010.
According to their website this is a daily broadcast

Yes, that's correct. *Every night, although once in awhile they are
AWOL for some reason. *At the end of this segment (0659) they switch
immediately over to 31 meters and carry on there. *Here on the U.S.
west coast, generally excellent signal.

Bruce

This is unusual for me.
I am on the east coast of North America.
Usually my MUF is below 7 or 8 MHZ by that time of the morning.

bpnjensen March 15th 10 12:37 AM

Radio New Zealand

On Mar 12, 2:35*pm, ai8o wrote:

RNZI on 11725 KHz 0554-0641 GMT March 12,2010.
According to their website this is a daily broadcast

Yes, that's correct. *Every night, although once in awhile they are
AWOL for some reason. *At the end of this segment (0659) they switch
immediately over to 31 meters and carry on there. *Here on the U.S.
west coast, generally excellent signal.

Bruce

This is unusual for me.
I am on the east coast of North America.
*Usually my MUF is below 7 or 8 MHZ by that time of the morning.

Ah - then you may count yourself somewhat fortunate to have heard
RNZI. From what I understand, it is *usually* a nonstarter for east
coast NA folks.

My guess - and it is only a guess - is that this frequency could
become slightly better by summer. I find that higher freqs often
persist later in the evening as the nights become shorter.

BJ