Old March 12th 10, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio New Zealand

RNZI on 11725 KHz 0554-0641 GMT March 12,2010.
According to their website this is a daily broadcast
Old March 12th 10, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 12, 2:35*pm, ai8o wrote:
RNZI on 11725 KHz 0554-0641 GMT March 12,2010.
According to their website this is a daily broadcast

Yes, that's correct. Every night, although once in awhile they are
AWOL for some reason. At the end of this segment (0659) they switch
immediately over to 31 meters and carry on there. Here on the U.S.
west coast, generally excellent signal.

Bruce
Old March 14th 10, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 12, 6:53*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Mar 12, 2:35*pm, ai8o wrote:

RNZI on 11725 KHz 0554-0641 GMT March 12,2010.
According to their website this is a daily broadcast

Yes, that's correct. *Every night, although once in awhile they are
AWOL for some reason. *At the end of this segment (0659) they switch
immediately over to 31 meters and carry on there. *Here on the U.S.
west coast, generally excellent signal.

Bruce

This is unusual for me.
I am on the east coast of North America.
Usually my MUF is below 7 or 8 MHZ by that time of the morning.
Old March 15th 10, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 12, 2:35*pm, ai8o wrote:

RNZI on 11725 KHz 0554-0641 GMT March 12,2010.
According to their website this is a daily broadcast

Yes, that's correct. *Every night, although once in awhile they are
AWOL for some reason. *At the end of this segment (0659) they switch
immediately over to 31 meters and carry on there. *Here on the U.S.
west coast, generally excellent signal.

Bruce

This is unusual for me.
I am on the east coast of North America.
*Usually my MUF is below 7 or 8 MHZ by that time of the morning.

Ah - then you may count yourself somewhat fortunate to have heard
RNZI. From what I understand, it is *usually* a nonstarter for east
coast NA folks.

My guess - and it is only a guess - is that this frequency could
become slightly better by summer. I find that higher freqs often
persist later in the evening as the nights become shorter.

BJ

Radio New Zealand dxAce Shortwave 20 April 6th 08 03:18 AM
Radio New Zealand Invader3K Shortwave 0 August 6th 06 01:24 AM
Radio New Zealand Telamon Shortwave 1 July 30th 06 12:02 AM
Radio New Zealand dxAce Shortwave 0 July 29th 06 10:34 PM
Radio New Zealand dxAce Shortwave 11 May 1st 05 12:58 PM