Old March 23rd 10, 03:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The End of Passport to World Band Radios

On Mar 23, 6:27*am, dave wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 11:53:39 -0500, wrote:

It is sad that Passport to World Band Radios is ending.
cuhulin

It truly is a shame.

Or not.

Depends on your perspective, I guess. I miss it.
Old March 24th 10, 12:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:
On Mar 23, 6:27 am, wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 11:53:39 -0500, wrote:

It is sad that Passport to World Band Radios is ending.
cuhulin

It truly is a shame.

Or not.

Depends on your perspective, I guess. I miss it.

I liked the Blue Pages. The 2.5 star reviews of Chinese radios were
silly; the Drake R8B did not get everything right; and alas, web radio
is a much nicer way to make the world smaller.
Old March 21st 10, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 21, 10:12*am, Joe Analssandrini
wrote:
This was posted on the AOR-COMMUNICATIONS-RECEIVERS group:

Passport to World Band Radio has just announced on their web site that
all
operations, including the web site, are to be shut down by the end of
this
month.

http://www.passband.com/category/receivernews/

If you are interested in reading any of their past comments, which
contain a lot
of good information, you will want to do it quickly.

This is the end of an era.

That freeking bites, it will be strange not to have a new one every
year.:-I
Old March 22nd 10, 07:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Joe Analssandrini wrote:

This was posted on the AOR-COMMUNICATIONS-RECEIVERS group:

Passport to World Band Radio has just announced on their web site that
all
operations, including the web site, are to be shut down by the end of
this
month.
This is the end of an era.

Why don't they sell the activities??

http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk

Old March 23rd 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

What's on Shortwave guide: choose an hour, go!http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SWhttp://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SWhttp://radiolanguages.tk

When solar cycle 24 takes off (apparently it may have already) there
will be lots of new listeners. And diehards,likes we are...

Old March 23rd 10, 05:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 22, 10:00*pm, wrote:
On Mar 22, 3:17*am, user wrote:

Joe Analssandrini wrote:
This was posted on the AOR-COMMUNICATIONS-RECEIVERS group:

Passport to World Band Radio has just announced on their web site that
all
operations, including the web site, are to be shut down by the end of
this
month.
This is the end of an era.

Why don't they sell the activities??

What's on Shortwave guide: choose an hour, go!http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SWhttp://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SWhttp://radiolanguages.tk

*When solar cycle 24 takes off (apparently it may have already) there
will be lots of new listeners. And diehards,likes we are...

Maybe - it's off to a sputtering start though. The index number gets
up to the 80s, and then sinks back to the 20s and stalls. I want to
see it revved!
Old March 23rd 10, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

When solar cycle 24 takes off (apparently it may have already) there
will be lots of new listeners. And diehards,likes we are...

Agreed.
And it will be fun to augment our SWLing by watching the GPS-freaks and
satellite-reliant media at the wailing wall because of the unreliability of
the technology that they
never anticipated..

Old March 24th 10, 01:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bob Dobbs wrote:
Clive wrote:

When solar cycle 24 takes off (apparently it may have already) there
will be lots of new listeners. And diehards,likes we are...

Agreed.
And it will be fun to augment our SWLing by watching the GPS-freaks and
satellite-reliant media at the wailing wall because of the unreliability of
the technology that they
never anticipated..

You think some massive solar CME or X class flare
will render those Garmins useless?

It doesn't have to be that dramatic to screw up GPS.