Old March 28th 10, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Trying to DX again

Very bad today or I have tree limbs on my longwire. I'll check it later.

Day time here but I'll try for a few minutes.

The RCI stuff to the USA is not going over here and I think on of their
feeds come out of Cuba.

Old March 28th 10, 02:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Just Plain Burr" wrote in message
.. .
Very bad today or I have tree limbs on my longwire. I'll check it later.

Day time here but I'll try for a few minutes.

The RCI stuff to the USA is not going over here and I think on of their
feeds come out of Cuba.

How close to you was that quake, Burr?

Old March 28th 10, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Just Plain Burr" wrote in message
.. .
Very bad today or I have tree limbs on my longwire. I'll check it later.

Day time here but I'll try for a few minutes.

The RCI stuff to the USA is not going over here and I think on of their
feeds come out of Cuba.

How close to you was that quake, Burr?

About 65 miles, we did a smooth roll for about a minute. I was sitting at
the table watching the light swing.

How cold is it up there, we are and have been in the 90's.

How about some working freq.'s for NK. I use to be able to DX them but the
last few years I can't get anything.

Burr

Old March 28th 10, 05:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

5.0 Mb - PHILIPPINE ISLANDS REGION
Preliminary Earthquake Report Magnitude 5.0 Mb
Date-Time a.. 26 Mar 2010 18:17:12 UTC
b.. 27 Mar 2010 02:17:12 near epicenter
c.. 27 Mar 2010 02:17:12 standard time in your timezone

Location 13.405N 125.169E
Depth 22 km
Distances a.. 127 km (79 miles) ESE (123 degrees) of Pandan,
Catanduanes, Philippines
b.. 156 km (97 miles) E (80 degrees) of Legaspi, Luzon, Philippines
c.. 160 km (99 miles) NNE (21 degrees) of Calbayog, Samar,
Philippines
d.. 473 km (294 miles) ESE (106 degrees) of MANILA, Philippines

Location Uncertainty Horizontal: 11.6 km; Vertical 23.7 km
Parameters Nph = 50; Dmin = 682.9 km; Rmss = 1.17 seconds; Gp = 136°
M-type = Mb; Version = 7
Event ID US 2010uha8

For updates, maps, and technical information, see:

Old March 28th 10, 05:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Barking Moonbat Early Warning System.
http://www.barking-moonbat.com
cuhulin

Old March 28th 10, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Just Plain Burr" wrote in message
.. .
Very bad today or I have tree limbs on my longwire. I'll check it later.

Day time here but I'll try for a few minutes.

The RCI stuff to the USA is not going over here and I think on of their
feeds come out of Cuba.

How close to you was that quake, Burr?

About 65 miles, we did a smooth roll for about a minute. I was sitting at
the table watching the light swing.

How cold is it up there, we are and have been in the 90's.

How about some working freq.'s for NK. I use to be able to DX them but the
last few years I can't get anything.

Burr

I get VOK only rarely. It's really too close for HF work. I have a better
shot at hearing their MW signals on 1080 and 810 KHz, which I can hear on
the car radio most anyplace north of Seoul. Too much jamming down this far
(80Km south of Seoul).