Old April 2nd 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Well, it was inevitable...

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
I guess it was inevitable - Due to excessive knob twiddling,

There you go, stop playing with it or use your left hand.

Old April 2nd 10, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 2, 12:46*pm, "TJ" wrote:
"bpnjensen" wrote in message

I guess it was inevitable - Due to excessive knob twiddling,

There you go, stop playing with it or use your left hand.

Some people have a real flair for the obvious ;-)
Old April 3rd 10, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 2, 6:03*pm, m II wrote:
wrote:
I am not joking about WD-40.In cold weather my middle finger sometimes
will lock up from arthritis and when it does that, it hurts like hell.If
I spray a little dab of WD-40 on it, it works Wonders, for me anyway.

Some people spray it on their joints for arthritis pain relief. WD40
goes through the skin really fast. They probably do get some pain
relief, but it's a real dumb thing to do.

WD40 rots your liver pretty fast if you keep putting it on your skin.
You can smell it on someone's breath about 10 or 15 minutes after they
absorb it. That's how fast it gets through the system.

Don't do it. It's stupid.

mike

--
* * __ * *__ * *__ * *__ * *__ * *__ * *__ * *__
* */ /\ */ /\ */ /\ */ /\ */ /\ */ /\ */ /\ */ /

* * * * * * * Densa International©
* * * * * *For the OTHER two percent.

* *Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage,
* I block all postings with a Gmail, Google Mail,
* * * * Google Groups or Hotmail address.
* * I also filter everything from a .cn server.

For solutions which may work for you, please check:
* * *http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

When you say that to Larry, you are preaching to the choir....."Don't
do it. It's stupid."
Old April 3rd 10, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I quit the booze in February 2009.I probally have used WD-40 on my
finger joint four or five times in my life.I don't think there is
anything rotting out my liver.

There are people out there right now, spraying WD-40 on all kinds of
things, and some of that WD-40 gets on their hands too.
What are you going to do? Outlaw WD-40?
Horse lininent would probally be just as good.
cuhulin

Old April 3rd 10, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:22:26 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen
wrote:

I guess it was inevitable - Due to excessive knob twiddling, switch-
flipping and crouching in weird positions in the dark to better hear
distant signals, I now have a repetitive stress injury in my right
wrist - it's sore as hell! I guess I have to become a left-handed
clumsy oaf for awhile. I suppose that I will now need to use LSB
instead of USB, use lower passband instead of upper passband, and tune
from high to low instead of low to high. This is gonna be a tough
road to recovery...

Any and all advice welcome!

Ouch,
Bruce Jensen

Could be computer mouse use too.

Jim
Old April 3rd 10, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 2, 4:03*pm, m II wrote:
wrote:
I am not joking about WD-40.In cold weather my middle finger sometimes
will lock up from arthritis and when it does that, it hurts like hell.If
I spray a little dab of WD-40 on it, it works Wonders, for me anyway.

Some people spray it on their joints for arthritis pain relief. WD40
goes through the skin really fast. They probably do get some pain
relief, but it's a real dumb thing to do.

WD40 rots your liver pretty fast if you keep putting it on your skin.
You can smell it on someone's breath about 10 or 15 minutes after they
absorb it. That's how fast it gets through the system.

Don't do it. It's stupid.

mike

Judging by his response below, he missed your point ;-)
Old April 3rd 10, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
I guess it was inevitable - Due to excessive knob twiddling, switch-
flipping and crouching in weird positions in the dark to better hear
distant signals, I now have a repetitive stress injury in my right
wrist - it's sore as hell! *I guess I have to become a left-handed
clumsy oaf for awhile. *I suppose that I will now need to use LSB
instead of USB, use lower passband instead of upper passband, and tune
from high to low instead of low to high. *This is gonna be a tough
road to recovery...

Any and all advice welcome!

Ouch,
Bruce Jensen

Could be computer mouse use too.

Jim

Well, it COULD be - but I've been using the mouse for decades, and new
radio has kept me busier than usual :-)
Old April 3rd 10, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
I guess it was inevitable - Due to excessive knob twiddling, switch-
flipping and crouching in weird positions in the dark to better hear
distant signals, I now have a repetitive stress injury in my right
wrist - it's sore as hell! *I guess I have to become a left-handed
clumsy oaf for awhile. *I suppose that I will now need to use LSB
instead of USB, use lower passband instead of upper passband, and tune
from high to low instead of low to high. *This is gonna be a tough
road to recovery...

Any and all advice welcome!

Ouch,
Bruce Jensen

Could be computer mouse use too.

Jim

Well, it COULD be - but I've been using the mouse for decades, and new
radio has kept me busier than usual :-)

I have the same problem but I have an SDR so I know the problem is too
much mouse usage. I need to get one of those USB tuning knobs.

Jim
Old April 3rd 10, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You need a different and also much better mouse, such as the one I use
with my computer.Gyration Radio Controlled wireless mouse and my
Gyration Radio Controlled Wireless mini keyboard.
http://www.gyration.com

I used to know a gal who had all kinds of gyrations.

I use my Philips Wireless keyboard and my Philips wireless hand held
remote with my Philips model MAT 976 WebTV set top box.
Because I am Smart.
cuhulin