Old April 3rd 10, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Pirate: Radio Mushroom

Radio Mushroom on 6925kHz USB
From 0030UT or so
Oldies
Old April 3rd 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 20:46:37 -0400, wrote:

Radio Mushroom on 6925kHz USB
From 0030UT or so
Oldies

CYOT on 6950.3 AM
From 0100UT or so
Strange mix of music.
Old April 3rd 10, 09:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On long holiday weekends the pirates comes out to play.

Caught Radio Wolverine on 6950 Saturday night 2200 CDT playing music on
(presumably) his ham transceiver. Am I the only one who thinks music on
single sideband sucks?

I miss the days of real pirate stations. These guys using ham rigs aren't
that interesting.

Old April 4th 10, 06:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 3, 1:00*pm, "Clive" wrote:
On long holiday weekends the pirates comes out to play.

Caught Radio Wolverine on 6950 Saturday night 2200 CDT playing music on
(presumably) his ham transceiver. Am I the only one who thinks music on
single sideband sucks?

I miss the days of real pirate stations. These guys using ham rigs aren't
that interesting.

I listened to a pirate tonight on 6925u for awhile, good strong signal
here in California, with lots of old jazzy blues from maybe the
1930s. East to recognize songs, would have been an easy QSL if....

But I agree, music on SSB is a pretty bum, but in this case it was
even worse - the station ID at 0230 was virtually impossible to copy
because it was done with strong reverb and sound effects, and then
they went to what sounded like ugly facsimile machine noises as an
"interval signal" and went OTA without another ID or mail address.
Stupid.

Bruce Jensen
Old April 4th 10, 01:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 22:01:12 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen
wrote:

On Apr 3, 1:00*pm, "Clive" wrote:
[...]

Probably Wolverine Radio. Also heard WBNY on that frequency earlier.
Check out:

http://www.hfunderground.com/board/i...board,3.0.html

Jim

Old April 4th 10, 01:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

On Apr 3, 1:00*pm, "Clive" wrote:
[...]

BTW What you call a facsimile interval signal is probably slow scan
television. A common thing now is for pirates to display an ID in
Robot or Scottie mode Slow Scan TV. To decode it download MMSSTV. Its
a free program that will decode the picture being transmitted. Of
course you need a connection from your speaker to your sound card
input to do this. And you need a decent signal to get a decent
picture. Plus, it has to be running in the background so it will catch
the header and go into the right mode. If you are not ready to give up
yet, see this site to download:

http://www.qsl.net/kf6ypq/mmsstv.html

Jim
Old April 4th 10, 08:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
On Apr 3, 1:00*pm, "Clive" wrote:
[...]

Wolverine Radio sounds like the one, right programming. Thanks!
Old April 4th 10, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

On Apr 3, 1:00*pm, "Clive" wrote:
[...]

Thanks - wouldn't do me a lot of good, since I have no radio-pc
connection.