Old April 4th 10, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default UKRTW - 15760

UK Rocks The World (UKRTW), 15760, heard here at 1500.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 4th 10, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 4/4/10 10:02 , dxAce wrote:
UK Rocks The World (UKRTW), 15760, heard here at 1500.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R8A, MTA. S7, here at 1516 UTC.

Old April 4th 10, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 04-Apr-10 10:16, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 4/4/10 10:02 , dxAce wrote:
UK Rocks The World (UKRTW), 15760, heard here at 1500.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R8A, MTA. S7, here at 1516 UTC.

FRG-100 in Florida, S7 with 12db attenuation. Loud and clear, with Led
Zeppelin at 1533, announcement at 1534, followed by Rush "The Spirit of
Radio"

-Tal Greywolf

Old April 4th 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 4/4/10 10:02 , dxAce wrote:
UK Rocks The World (UKRTW), 15760, heard here at 1500.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R8A, MTA. S7, here at 1516 UTC.

FRG-100 in Florida, S7 with 12db attenuation. Loud and clear, with Led
Zeppelin at 1533, announcement at 1534, followed by Rush "The Spirit of
Radio"

-Tal Greywolf

Where in FL? I am in Hobe Sound(Martin County) using a variety of radios,
mostly restored boatanchors and portables(newest one is a CCrane SW/AM).
Have a 20' long wire, one mile from the ocean.
Old April 4th 10, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 4, 8:02*am, dxAce wrote:
UK Rocks The World (UKRTW), 15760, heard here at 1500.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

What is this, please? Is this a pirate or legit?

Old April 4th 10, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:59:10 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen
wrote:

On Apr 4, 8:02*am, dxAce wrote:
UK Rocks The World (UKRTW), 15760, heard here at 1500.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

What is this, please? Is this a pirate or legit?

I thought it was the BBC but nothing listed. Could be a pirate
but....15755 is the frequency for "The Disco Palace" a DRM station
which is on now 20:20UT. 15750-15760kHz. It is supposed to be in
Miami. Maybe they took a break from DRM earlier. At 1500UT they list a
program called "top 3 of the UK singles chart"

I did not think they were giving out DRM licences to US stations.
Maybe its beaming offshore. No idea. I am listening to it now in DRM.
Playing Bee Gees. Good enough signal to support 20.96 kBits/sec -
Stereo transmission format.

Jim
Old April 4th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Where in FL? I am in Hobe Sound(Martin County) using a variety of radios,
mostly restored boatanchors and portables(newest one is a CCrane SW/AM).
Have a 20' long wire, one mile from the ocean.

Fort Walton Beach, Okaloosa County. Radio wise, it's difficult at times
with Eglin AFB and Hurlburt Field on opposite sides of me, but I do well
enough picking up stations.

-Tal Greywolf
Old April 5th 10, 06:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Tal Greywolf wrote:

Where in FL? I am in Hobe Sound(Martin County) using a variety of
radios, mostly restored boatanchors and portables(newest one is a CCrane
SW/AM). Have a 20' long wire, one mile from the ocean.

Fort Walton Beach, Okaloosa County. Radio wise, it's difficult at times
with Eglin AFB and Hurlburt Field on opposite sides of me, but I do well
enough picking up stations.

-Tal Greywolf

Spent many good times at Fort Walton Beach/Pensacola area. When I was in
the AF, we used to fly to Hurlburt Field/7th ACCS flying C-130s.
BTW, on the AMBCB, can you get WPHT 1210 clearly? Down here, there are
Spanish speaking stations on every AM frequency on the dial. I can get
Philly if I use my loop, but all the other clear channels can't make it down
here due to the interference. There is a Cuban on 880, now there is a Dade
County station on 880 also! WCBS is getting it from both directions.
Old April 5th 10, 11:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

On Apr 4, 8:02*am, dxAce wrote:
UK Rocks The World (UKRTW), 15760, heard here at 1500.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

What is this, please? *Is this a pirate or legit?

I thought it was the BBC but nothing listed. Could be a pirate
but....15755 is the frequency for "The Disco Palace" a DRM station
which is on now 20:20UT. 15750-15760kHz. *It is supposed to be in
Miami. Maybe they took a break from DRM earlier. At 1500UT they list a
program called "top 3 of the UK singles chart"

I did not think they were giving out DRM licences to US stations.
Maybe its beaming offshore. No idea. I am listening to it now in DRM.
Playing Bee Gees. Good enough signal to support 20.96 kBits/sec -
Stereo transmission format.

Jim

After looking again in the SW scehdules I notice that Disco Palace
transmitter (relay) 15755kHz is on Bonaire in the Netherlands,
Antilles. So that explains how they get around the DRM license.

Still a good possible source of that UKRTW broadcast.- Hide quoted text -

Hmmm - I guess without DRM, I'm not there either!