Old April 28th 10, 09:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

Default Left-Wingers Who Caused Subprime Meltdown Have Yet To FaceJustice

On Apr 28, 12:36*pm, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 4/28/10 10:02 , bpnjensen wrote:

On Apr 28, 5:54 am, "D. Peter *wrote:
On 4/27/10 19:53 , bpnjensen wrote:

Peter, I am just sick and tired of extremists categorizing what is
demonstrably a middle-of-the-road liberal administration in what is,
by world standards, a pretty far right wing government, as somehow
Marxist and Communist just because the current leader is not their
idea of a stereotype aging white male and he'd rather use compassion
than greed to approach problems that need solving. *Even more, that
because of their grumpy dissatisfaction and the fact that they were
trounced gently but decisively in the last completely provably legal
election by a majority of the citizens of this nation, that they have
somehow a right or obligation to take up arms and create riots and
revolution because they do not have enough patience or trust in their
countrymen to constitutionally select a leader and administration. *It
is disgraceful and unpatriotic and unAmerican and a slap in the face
to every real patriot and serviceman who ever fought for this country,
including my father and his brother.

When GWB was elected by the Supreme Court, nobody on the left that I
heard of suggested this type of foolishness, even though it was
transparently a farce. *We took it like adults and waited patiently,
if vocally, while that idiot stood by and watched the nation spiral
downward while the right cheered him on and watched the richest people
become untouchable while the income gap widened inexorably to where it
is now, an economic train wreck.

What the hell is wrong with you people? *No shame, no compassion, no
decency, just greed and the most selfish of intent. *Son of a bitch..

Bruce Jensen

* * Well...where to begin...we disagree on absolutely every point, here.

Maybe we should just leave it there.

* * * * Yeah, it's not like you're going to convince me, or I you..

* * So...how's the DXing out there, this week?

Mediocre, and besides, in my job I now find myself suffering in the
day-to-day, face-to-face arena with people with whom I *used to* be
able to have reasonable discussions but who *now* follow the tea party
mentality, in which one angrily shouts irrelevant questions (because
it feels good to be angry and vent) and then really don't want to hear
any answers, because it's easier that way.

I am tired, and have no energy at the end of the long days for DX.

* *I can relate. From here on the other side.

* *Recently redid the wiring in the house, improved grounds and
replaced all the boxes, conduits, sockets and other implements of
connectivity.

* *It quieted down my listening environment considerably. Putting
the T-1 router in an RF tight environment, and running all the
CAT52e in grounded conduits did a lot to clean up the tropical
bands, too.

* *Now, I need to scrape together the time to relax with my radios.

* *The MTA is not as sensitive as other antennae I've used, but it's
so quiet, with correct grounding, that once the environmental noise
floor is dropped, the signals I can capture are fully 6db lower than
I could with more sensitive antennae.

* *Now I'm curious what a Wellbrook would do, here.

Good show, and good luck with all of it!

I am thinking the same thing...I take a l'il portable around the
house, and every outlet and switch buzzes; I use my AM loop inside,
and whenever it's aimed "toward" the mass of the house, it induces a
buzz. I am 99% sure the polarity all needs to be corrected (the guy
who owned this house before me was a reckless do-it-yer-selfer and
none too bright - like that fellow Cuhulin is always complaining
about).

I may need to try a Wellbrook too, although with the RF stew around
this joint, it may not be of great value anyway. I think my only hope
of real DX anymore is DXpeditions, far, far away.

Bruce
Old April 28th 10, 09:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Apr 28, 5:54 am, "D. Peter wrote:
[...]

Sometimes, there's some oxide on the screws to the outlet, and/or
the ground tang. Or the physical connections between the conduit and
the box, and you'll get hum. Often, it's as easy as resetting the
screws. Sometimes, you may need to replace, or re-install things.

But if you're getting it on every outlet, there's likely
something on the line that's creating the noise. If you plug in a
high draw device, like a 500w halogen and the noise diminishes,
then, you've got something in plugged in in the house that's
creating the noise you're hearing, and it needs to be either
bypassed (.01 ufd caps across the device or across the diodes in the
power supply will do it), or it needs to be isolated with a
transformer.

I may need to try a Wellbrook too, although with the RF stew around
this joint, it may not be of great value anyway. I think my only hope
of real DX anymore is DXpeditions, far, far away.

Bruce

I can, without reservations, recommend the MTA. Since it's
passive, there is no chance of overload. And because it's so quiet,
it can hear signals other antenna put in the stew.

Old April 28th 10, 10:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Left-Wingers Who Caused Subprime Meltdown Have Yet To FaceJus...

If I could steer a big ass Hurricane or a Tornado, (EF-5 Tornado) I
Know Exactly Where I Would ..... ...... .... ....
You fill in the dots.

I am persnickity about working on my house, I take pains to get it
right.I have the rest of my like to work on thangys.I just hope I don't
fall off of my ladder, although the ground would catch me.
cuhulin

Old April 28th 10, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Watchin 5:00 PM WLBT channel 3 tv news, the news lady (Maggie Wade) at
WLBT tv said Bakersfield,California has the dirtiest air in America,
Mississippi gets a passing grade.
cuhulin

Old April 29th 10, 01:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On 4/28/2010 9:04 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 4/27/10 17:52 , Joe from Kokomo wrote:

And after
the Marxist Mafia was actually voted in by the people!

On 4/27/2010 4:09 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

And lied to make that happen. And govern against the will of the People.

Sorta like Bush and company lied us into two wars?

Your needle is stuck.

Totally on topic...as you referred to people being lied to.

And as long as we are *still* spending dollars and American lives on
these two non-winnable fiascoes, the needle ain't stuck.

Old April 29th 10, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

stacyonoff.Somebody in the rec.radio.repair+phonograph/whatever it is?
newsgroup once posted that one.That needle isn't stuck either.

Crews test burn oil leak in Gulf.
http://www.msnbc.com
cuhulin

Old April 29th 10, 05:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

"D. Peter Maus" wrote in message
On 4/27/10 17:52 , Joe from Kokomo wrote:

And after
the Marxist Mafia was actually voted in by the people!

On 4/27/2010 4:09 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

And lied to make that happen. And govern against the will of the People.

Sorta like Bush and company lied us into two wars?

Your needle is stuck.

..
..
Why are you in denial?