Old May 1st 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

Default May Day, May Day

I've never been big on holidays. Growing up Jewish, my family didn't
celebrate Christmas or Easter. And being secular, we didn't do much
for the Jewish holidays, either. Since arriving in Berkeley decades
ago, one of the few holidays I've enjoyed is May Day, also known as
International Workers' Day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Day

As you can imagine, IWD is a popular day around these parts. In fact,
it's an official city holiday. Along with Malcolm X's Birthday,
Indigenous People's Day, and International Women's Day, the school
kiddies and the city rank-and-file get the day off. Even some popular
places, like Berkeley's Cheese Board Collective, close in observance.

I considered it a great honor to celebrate May Day, which represents
all things Marxist. My deep and exhaustive knowledge of Communism was
limited to the movies -- for instance, The Motorcycle Diaries and
Reds. Warren Beattie and Diane Keaton appeared so courageous and
passionate in Reds, and the guy playing Che was hecka hot. Anyway,
Hollywood wouldn't mislead us, would they?

Consequently, I was deeply disturbed when the Soviets failed and the
former Republics embraced the big and bad capitalism. Luckily, I could
still wax rhapsodic about Cuba and dream of someday visiting that
utopia. Since I'm playing True Confessions he I even drove my car
out of my way to fill up with Citgo, the gasoline from Venezuela.

What can I say? I was an idiot.

Locally, I did my part for all oppressed workers by being a union
activist. When I worked at a large hospital chain, I was pivotal in
starting a six-hundred-plus-member union.

Yes, it was SEIU. http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/g...asp?grpid=6535

I didn't know, wasn't told(, and didn't take the time to find out)
that Marxism was a very bad thing -- that, in fact, hundreds of
millions died thanks to it. The first time I heard of this was weeks
into recovery from liberalism.

Having heard something vaguely about conservative Talk Radio, I
happened upon Michael Savage's radio show. I was stopped dead in my
tracks when he described the Gulags, forced shock treatment, mass
starvation, and other horrors of the Soviet Union.
http://www.globalmuseumoncommunism.org/

And then I actually started reading and educating myself. My beloved
Cuba and Venezuela were run by thugs who oppressed people a zillion
times more than any capitalist country. The workers weren't living in
paradise, enjoying long siestas. Marxism, in fact, created serf-like
conditions, with the very few, and the government, stealing the
nation's wealth. http://www.thepeoplescube.com/

Of course, had I actually been paying attention all these years, I
would have seen all the cracks in the Left's ideology. Earth to Robin:
Why would all these people be getting into dangerous, shark-infested
waters to come to the U.S. if something wasn't rotten in Havana?

I also denied what I saw around me when I worked for the government.
For instance, at one agency in which I worked, managers were hogtied
from ever disciplining or firing bad workers.

And when I say bad, I don't mean the person who runs late or gets a
little edgy. I'm talking about the secretary who had a three-martini
lunch and, upon return, punched a coworker. She was just transferred
somewhere else, with her new department kept in the dark like we
were.

Or the social worker who would get families more money than they
deserved and then pocket the rest. While a manager made a valiant
attempt to get rid of him, the last I heard, she was gone, and the
dude still working there. I could go on and on...but you know the
deal. You've been to the DMV or the Post Office or your local Social
Security office.

Which brings me to today's May Day celebration -- a unique one,
because the Left is now showcasing illegal aliens. While at one point
I would have vehemently defended their "right" to be here, no more.
Now I wonder why we should be welcoming with open arms people who are
doing something illegal. Don't we have enough deceitful people in this
country without importing more?

The Left plans to use the day to demonstrate the worth and value of
illegals. To do this, both illegals and legals have threatened violent
protests. There's nothing like ransacking stores and setting cars on
fire to win over the country's hearts and minds!

I know what I'll be doing on International Workers' Day. First, I'm
going to stay the heck away from Berkeley. Then I'm going to relax
after a busy week of work. inally, I'm going to raise a glass to that
most endangered of species: the taxpaying, working stiff who breaks
his or her butt each day to bring home the bacon. This day is for you.

And my celebration won't even require riots in the streets.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/...may_day_1.html

Shocking Look at the Arizona-Mexico Border
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36774
Old May 1st 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.elections,alt.news-media,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

On Apr 30, 8:01Â*pm, ∅baMa∅ Tse Dung wrote:

Lotsa stuff ...

May Day ... when the commie cockroaches come out to play. I'd LMAO if
some A-10 Warthogs were turned loose on those crowds of communist
vermin.
Old May 1st 10, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You wouldn't laugh if one of those A-10s was turned loose on you!
cuhulin