Old May 5th 10, 06:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 3287.45 kHz at 0505z - ?

Right now, at 0508z on Wednesday, 5 May 2010, I am hearing a fairly
strong sideband het and AM carrier on 3287.45 kHz. SINPO is about
25222; hard to tell what any audio would sound like, since the carrier
is open.

The A10 schedule shows nothing for this precise frequency, but it does
show that at 0500, Radio Madagasikara is normally due to end its
transmission on 3288 kHz. Is this possible? Does R. Mad. show up
"off" a bit? This would be a first for me - hearing a near antipodal
signal on a band below 60 meters.

Awesome propagation on the tropicals tonight!

Stoked,
Bruce Jensen
California, USA
Old May 5th 10, 06:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 4, 10:13*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
Right now, at 0508z on Wednesday, 5 May 2010, I am hearing a fairly
strong sideband het and AM carrier on 3287.45 kHz. *SINPO is about
25222; hard to tell what any audio would sound like, since the carrier
is open.

The A10 schedule shows nothing for this precise frequency, but it does
show that at 0500, Radio Madagasikara is normally due to end its
transmission on 3288 kHz. *Is this possible? *Does R. Mad. show up
"off" a bit? *This would be a first for me - hearing a near antipodal
signal on a band below 60 meters.

Awesome propagation on the tropicals tonight!

Stoked,
Bruce Jensen
California, USA

Still there at 0536z. Still an open carrier from a distant location.
Old May 5th 10, 06:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 4, 10:36*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On May 4, 10:13*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

Right now, at 0508z on Wednesday, 5 May 2010, I am hearing a fairly
strong sideband het and AM carrier on 3287.45 kHz. *SINPO is about
25222; hard to tell what any audio would sound like, since the carrier
is open.

The A10 schedule shows nothing for this precise frequency, but it does
show that at 0500, Radio Madagasikara is normally due to end its
transmission on 3288 kHz. *Is this possible? *Does R. Mad. show up
"off" a bit? *This would be a first for me - hearing a near antipodal
signal on a band below 60 meters.

Awesome propagation on the tropicals tonight!

Stoked,
Bruce Jensen
California, USA

Still there at 0536z. *Still an open carrier from a distant location.- Hide quoted text -

In retrospect, this carrier persisted at least until I fell asleep at
about 0630z. It had a long, strong and constant het mixed with a
faint station on 3290, probably R. Central in Papua New Guinea (could
find no other reasonable identity for that frequency either - right on
frequency, with occasional hints of what could have been English or
Pidgin language talk), and would occasionally experience a het from
some other intermittent unid source possibly on 3285. Dang, I wish I
had tuned in 10 minutes earlier! I may try again tonight, but that
kind of propagation does not happen every day.

Bruce