Old May 5th 10, 04:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Tropical bands last 15 hours (early May 5, 2010) was: 4835 at0130 UTC

On May 4, 6:41*pm, Gregg wrote:
Why in the heck is that noise? Anyone else copying that? I even tried
to see if by switching to CW if it'd change it up....basically sounds
the same. A pulsing type of noise. I can't remember hearing that type
of sound on 60 meters - though I may have and don't remember. Anyone?

As a followup, somewhat related - the tropical bands were pretty good
last night, perhaps following the previous day's G1 and G2 storms.
Much more DX than lately (which is not necessarily saying much), and
some of the bands were surprisingly quiet in between. Let's hope for
more of this.

Anyone check them out this morning before sunrise?

Bruce