Old May 10th 10, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default XU7ACY Cambodia

Amateur station XU7ACY - Sihanoukville, Cambodia was putting a good
signal into Michigan this morning on 14.181MHz around 1315UT.
Old May 11th 10, 02:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Amateur station XU7ACY - Sihanoukville, Cambodia was putting a good
signal into Michigan this morning on 14.181MHz around 1315UT.

Nice catch. Are you going to QSL?
Old May 11th 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 11, 6:06*am, dave wrote:
wrote:
Amateur station XU7ACY - Sihanoukville, Cambodia was putting a good
signal into Michigan this morning on 14.181MHz around 1315UT.

Nice catch. *Are you going to QSL?

That was my question too, Jim - when you get these nice catches, do
you usually QSL them?

I have tried a couple of hams - one from the Slovak Republic, one form
the Canary Islands during the contests in March - so far, no replies.
I even sent them return postage and envelopes...we'll see :-)

Bruce
Old May 11th 10, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 11 May 2010 05:06:11 -0800, dave wrote:

wrote:
Amateur station XU7ACY - Sihanoukville, Cambodia was putting a good
signal into Michigan this morning on 14.181MHz around 1315UT.

Nice catch. Are you going to QSL?

I will QSL if I contact him. I was calling and another ham from the
8th call area was calling him and he got part of both calls then said
conditoins were not favorable and went qrt (shut down). He said he
would be back so will try again later.

Jim
Old May 11th 10, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 11 May 2010 07:37:27 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen
wrote:

On May 11, 6:06*am, dave wrote:
wrote:
Amateur station XU7ACY - Sihanoukville, Cambodia was putting a good
signal into Michigan this morning on 14.181MHz around 1315UT.

Nice catch. *Are you going to QSL?

That was my question too, Jim - when you get these nice catches, do
you usually QSL them?

If I have not contacted them before, I do. Right now I have 2 cards
into Thailand, 1 into Hong Kong, 1 into Indonesia. I will let you know
if I get anything back.

Japan is best for QSL'ing. I have received many cards from hams there.
They spend the most money on QSL cards too. They send cards with
pictures of their girlfriends, cars, motorcycles.

I have tried a couple of hams - one from the Slovak Republic, one form
the Canary Islands during the contests in March - so far, no replies.
I even sent them return postage and envelopes...we'll see :-)

Bruce

The XU7ACY is a contest station meaning he rents it out to other hams.
I think it was the station owner who was on that day. You see it
listed in the DX cluster as Kampuchea. This is the first time I have
actually heard him. Once the solar flux increases, this will be a good
target.

Oh yeah. Also waiting for a card from St. Helena Island. On the slow
boat from the South Atlantic....

Jim

Old May 11th 10, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
On May 11, 6:06*am, dave wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Izzat St. Helena a ham card or the R. St. Helena annual event card?

I got me one already... :-)

http://tinyurl.com/25ul5d4

http://tinyurl.com/25gs5g8

Bruce
Old May 11th 10, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 11, 11:36*am, wrote:

Oh yeah. Also waiting for a card from St. Helena Island. On the slow
boat from the South Atlantic....

Jim

This page contains some distressing news for those whose patience may
be challenged by the wait for that slow boat...

http://www.sthelena.se/radioproject/latest_2010.htm

Stay virtuous! ;-)

Bruce

Old May 12th 10, 12:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

bpnjensen wrote:
On May 11, 6:06 am, wrote:
wrote:
Amateur station XU7ACY - Sihanoukville, Cambodia was putting a good
signal into Michigan this morning on 14.181MHz around 1315UT.

Nice catch. Are you going to QSL?

That was my question too, Jim - when you get these nice catches, do
you usually QSL them?

I have tried a couple of hams - one from the Slovak Republic, one form
the Canary Islands during the contests in March - so far, no replies.
I even sent them return postage and envelopes...we'll see :-)

Bruce

I use eqsl.cc I have a card from the Canary Islands.

I have a card from the Canary Islands as well: Radio Exterior de Espana, June
12, 1983, 15365 kHz, SWBC.

No longer on the air.

Iraq and Cambodia Crusader Shortwave 4 January 16th 07 06:53 PM
Cambodia 11940v dxAce Shortwave 0 January 25th 05 10:27 AM
NEW YOUTH RADIO SHOW ON FM 102, PHNOM PENH, CAMBODIA OS TOS MHONG! Broadcasting 0 April 29th 04 04:47 PM