Old May 16th 10, 10:15 PM posted to alt.video.digital-tv,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Police to help with DTV Switchover

On May 1, 12:15*pm, TJ wrote:
On 05/01/2010 02:45 PM, You wrote:

Local Law (I learned later) heard the Squelch Tail, and decided that I
was a nefarious BadGuy, with a Cop Radio in my Truck, and decided to
pull me over. *He asked for my Drivers License and Registration, which I
produced, and then went back to his car, and radio'd it in to his HQ.
After sitting there about 20 minutes I got out and walked back to his
car, wanting to ask what the deal was.

That little action was just *asking* for trouble. You were stupid, plain
and simple. When stopped by a police officer you *never* get out of the
vehicle unless instructed to do so. Had you been carrying something that
could have looked even remotely like a weapon, you could have been shot,
and the cop would have been justified in doing so.

TJ
--
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Why call him stupid? There's no call for that kind of snap judgment.
He may be a better learner than you and know more than you. Overall, I
found his post quite interesting.
Old May 16th 10, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ahh haz dun meesplacidid mah payntbrushy.Ahh bitter found it anna gits
dat thar paynt outta itz wit mah warh bresh.
cuhulin, jyst call me Old Paynt

Old May 17th 10, 12:04 AM posted to alt.video.digital-tv,rec.radio.shortwave

On May 16, 2:15*pm, "Sal M. Onella" wrote:

[...]

Moreover, a cop's "rights" in detaining a person that long are also
questionable. There is a limit to how much is reasonable.
Old May 17th 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I found my paint brush.I had layed it on top of my old antique NO
VACANCY neon sign which I bought at a Goodwill store a bunch of years
ago.Just as I was heading out my front door with my paint brush and my
wire brush, (to clean up my paint brush under the water fawcet) old
country boy was just then getting out of his car and heading to his
front door.Quick like a bunny rabbit, I grabbed my P.S.Olt Turkey Call &
Owl Hooter thingy.
HOO HOO HOOOOOO HOO HOO HOOOOOOOO,,,,,,,,,

Snort, Snort, I got him again!
cuhulin

Old May 17th 10, 03:39 AM posted to alt.video.digital-tv,rec.radio.shortwave

On 05/16/2010 05:15 PM, Sal M. Onella wrote:
On May 1, 12:15 pm, wrote:
[...]

You're right, I should call him stupid. I don't have any information on
his IQ. His judgment, however, is something else again. However
non-stupid he may be, he did a very stupid thing, nonetheless.

TJ
--
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Old May 17th 10, 03:41 AM posted to alt.video.digital-tv,rec.radio.shortwave

On May 1, 12:15 pm, wrote:
[...]

Dang. That should have been "I shouldn't call him stupid." Looks like he
isn't the only one that makes stupid mistakes.

TJ
--
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Old May 17th 10, 11:00 AM posted to alt.video.digital-tv,rec.radio.shortwave

TJ wrote:

Dang. That should have been "I shouldn't call him stupid." Looks like he
isn't the only one that makes stupid mistakes.

TJ

Hey, welcome to the human race! ;-)

Chip

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Old May 17th 10, 03:29 PM posted to alt.video.digital-tv,rec.radio.shortwave

On 5/16/10 6:04 PM, in article
,

On May 1, 12:15*pm, TJ wrote:

[...]

20 minutes? Are you kidding me?

Try an hour. One time I rented a car in Oklahoma. We drove it over to
Arkansas to visit a friend. Upon returning, we got stopped by the Arkansas
Highway Patrol who informed us, after giving him my Texas drivers license,
that the rental car's Kansas plates were expired and did not come back
registered to anyone or anything.

What a friggin mess. After he confirmed my story with all of the various
agencies, he apologized and let us go on our way. These guys have jobs to
do, just like you and I. It just involves more unpleasant interaction.

Old May 17th 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Anybody with half a grain of sense should know you do NOT get out of the
car unless the cop tells you to.

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID! ~ Jim White, former KMOX Saint Louis,Missouri
radio talk show host.

Jim White is Right.
cuhulin

police [email protected] Shortwave 1 February 12th 08 06:11 AM
Need frequencies for Battle lake police and Henning Police, Minnesota [email protected] Scanner 7 October 25th 05 11:10 PM
BBC asks for three-year interval before digital radio switchover Mike Terry Broadcasting 3 December 20th 04 05:34 PM