Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 17th 10, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Newbie on a Brooklyn Rooftop - Should I Bother?

Hi All,

Complete newbie here considering purchasing a shortwave radio, but
since I've heard that sw's can have trouble picking up signals in NYC
I want to get some info from the experts before I take the plunge.

I live in northern Brooklyn, NY, in a top-floor apartment that has
roof access. There are really no buildings much taller than mine in
the area (save Manhattan across the river, of course). So I'm
wondering, can I expect much success in picking up shortwave stations,
and if so, what do you think is the cheapest model I could get away
with for my area and still expect decent results? I know that sw
involves some work and hunting, which I'm prepared to do, I just don't
want to be completely out-of-luck.

Let me know how you think I should proceed.

Much thanks in advance!!!

Quick Rooftop Antenna For Channel 2? JoeSch Antenna 23 October 3rd 08 02:04 AM
Car and Rooftop Antennas Kevin Sutherland Scanner 3 August 4th 07 02:17 AM
Remember pirate radio WFAT in Brooklyn? Steve Shortwave 0 September 22nd 06 12:03 AM
Rooftop tower FS Mike Kapitan Swap 0 October 2nd 03 11:50 PM
Rooftop Tower FS Mike Kapitan Swap 0 July 1st 03 01:06 AM