RadioBanter

-   -   OT --- Apple Killing Chinese Slaves (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/151506-ot-apple-killing-chinese-slaves.html)

bpnjensen May 26th 10 01:30 AM

OT --- Apple Killing Chinese Slaves

On May 25, 4:58*pm, dave wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On May 25, 8:56 am, m II wrote:
Should we be encouraging Apple to speed up the decline of communist
Chinese Imperialism?

http://tinyurl.com/23gkhnn

I KNEW I was doing good when I started using an iphone.

mike

Is there a single corporate entity in this world that doesn't suck?

Southwest Airlines

You know, that might be right. I thought Jet Blue was good too.

Still pumps out the CO2, tho...

bpnjensen May 26th 10 01:31 AM

OT --- Apple Killing Chinese Slaves

On May 25, 2:53*pm, wrote:
Last Sunday night, Salt Lake City got some ''global warming'',,, Snow.
cuhulin

And yesterday/today, of course, the Great Plains has record highs ;-)

[email protected] May 26th 10 02:23 AM

OT --- Apple Killing Chinese Slaves

That neighborhood that was evacuated Ergo the chemical plant leak
happened in Nashville, not Natchez, like I thought that woman on tv news
said.Maybe I ought to clean the wax out of my ears.
cuhulin

Gregg May 26th 10 06:29 AM

On May 25, 11:56*am, m II wrote:
Should we be encouraging Apple to speed up the decline of communist
Chinese Imperialism?

http://tinyurl.com/23gkhnn

I KNEW I was doing good when I started using an iphone.

mike

That's a pretty intereting article. I was listening to a Philly
station last week sometime and the guest was talking about the IPad -
and he said americans aren't ready for this technology. I thought he
meant literally and maybe in his own way - that's what he thinks.

I don't know nothing about the IPad but apparently to this guy he said
"it would turn every american into a spy of sorts." He said the
technology in that device and if the person truly knew how to use it
to it's maximum - that anyone who owned that would have the abilities
like the CIA and the other alphabet agencies.

Pretty interesting interview, maybe more of the tech savvy people
could comment on what he meant exactly and what this device is truly
capable of if in the hands of the right/wrong person.

Gregg May 26th 10 06:30 AM

On May 25, 3:14*pm, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 5/25/10 11:19 , bpnjensen wrote:

On May 25, 8:56 am, m *wrote:
Should we be encouraging Apple to speed up the decline of communist
Chinese Imperialism?

http://tinyurl.com/23gkhnn

I KNEW I was doing good when I started using an iphone.

mike

Is there a single corporate entity in this world that doesn't suck?

* *Hoover.

Pretty funny :-D

Gregg May 26th 10 01:43 PM

On May 26, 8:46*am, dave wrote:
Gregg wrote:

I don't know nothing about the IPad but apparently to this guy he said
"it would turn every american into a spy of sorts." He said the
technology in that device and if the person truly knew how to use it
to it's maximum - that anyone who owned that would have the abilities
like the CIA and the other alphabet agencies.

Pretty interesting interview, maybe more of the tech savvy people
could comment on what he meant exactly and what this device is truly
capable of if in the hands of the right/wrong person.

Do we want to behave like a column of ants or like a school of fish?

OK Dave - I know what you're saying but do you care to expound a
little more than that? Are you familiar with the IPad - not the
IPhone? I wished I had taped the guest and show but I was out in my
ahem *shed* at the time and just enjoying the ambiance.

I know I'm definitely going to be reading up on this piece because
apparently it has some people skeered but many of the callers on the
show were loving it. I remember when I got into the monitoring hobby
and realized that basically if it's in the airwaves - I can hear it -
if you know the right people and know the "work arounds" irregardless
of what some group of people vote on because they don't want you to
hear them. The saying "Nothing's Sacred" when it comes to copying a
signal is oh so true though the gubiment has put a damper on many of
the things one can hear - or so they think.

I'm hoping - really hoping - that I may have the opportunity to pick
up a piece as "pay back" for some things I did for a fine older
gentleman a few years back at NO CHARGE.....and no weirdo
statements. ;-) It'll be my granddaddy of all of my equipment and I
can be "as bad as I wanna be." heh

Gregg May 26th 10 02:59 PM

On May 26, 10:47*am, dave wrote:
Gregg wrote:
On May 26, 8:46 am, *wrote:
Gregg wrote:

[...]

All I mean is real-time mass connectivity creates a monster.- Hide quoted text -

10-4............. nothing wrong with a little growling Dave.

bpnjensen May 26th 10 03:45 PM

On May 26, 7:47*am, dave wrote:
Gregg wrote:
On May 26, 8:46 am, *wrote:
Gregg wrote:

[...]

I eschew mass connectivity - its an alarming and deplorable
situation. Leave the monsters behind.