Old May 29th 10, 08:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 7160 last night - Central African Republic???

bpnjensen wrote:

Hi - last night about 0700-ish, I heard a very low carrier on 7160,
and some very faint but obviously high-level modulation of a male
voice speaking. Eibi says, and this is the only thing it shows for
7160 except for the same station, another time slot:

7160 0500-0800 Mo-Fr CAF Radio ICDI, Baoli Vn CAF

Could this have been Central African Republic? Anybody on the East
Coast of NAm get a better fix on this station?

I checked 7160 this morning at 0730 and could hear nothing here.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 29th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:
On May 28, 3:41 pm, wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On May 28, 7:13 am, wrote:
41 Meter HFBC is being moved out of this band.- Hide quoted text -

OK - Actually, I thought it has already been *officially* moved - but
my guess is that there will be stations in places like Africa where
this regulation is loosely followed at best.

Bruce Jensen

Do you know how much a new quartz crystal, custom grown, for a decades
old transmitter, costs?

Uhhh - no, not exactly...why do you ask, pray tell?

Before PLL synthesisers you had to use a TCXO the size of a microwave
oven to provide sufficient frequency stability.

http://www.transmitter.be/gat-hf50c.html

Old May 29th 10, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 29, 12:49*am, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
Hi - last night about 0700-ish, I heard a very low carrier on 7160,
and some very faint but obviously high-level modulation of a male
voice speaking. *Eibi says, and this is the only thing it shows for
7160 except for the same station, another time slot:

7160 * * * * *0500-0800 Mo-Fr CAF Radio ICDI, Baoli * * * *Vn *CAF

Could this have been Central African Republic? *Anybody on the East
Coast of NAm get a better fix on this station?

I checked 7160 this morning at 0730 and could hear nothing here.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thanks - I was patrolling there too, and all I heard was a ham, using
AM as Kevin suggested was the case. Conakry was on 7125 again,
though, fading in very slowly after 0630...
Old May 29th 10, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 29, 7:27*am, dave wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On May 28, 3:41 pm, *wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On May 28, 7:13 am, *wrote:
41 Meter HFBC is being moved out of this band.- Hide quoted text -

OK - Actually, I thought it has already been *officially* moved - but
my guess is that there will be stations in places like Africa where
this regulation is loosely followed at best.

Bruce Jensen

Do you know how much a new quartz crystal, custom grown, for a decades
old transmitter, costs?

Uhhh - no, not exactly...why do you ask, pray tell?

Before PLL synthesisers you had to use a TCXO the size of a microwave
oven to provide sufficient frequency stability.

http://www.transmitter.be/gat-hf50c.html

Fair enough. This little station, being perhaps a 1 kW station, might
be using just a ham rig and amp with an oversized power supply for
broadcast. In any case, the station rep said there were "propagation"
problems, whatever that means, so they were not using that frequency.

Bruce Jensen
Old May 29th 10, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:
On May 29, 7:27 am, wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:

http://www.transmitter.be/gat-hf1.html