Old June 18th 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AOR UK is No More

Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:

Up and Down buttons can be used in this way, but they're not as good.
I do a fair but of tuning around with my Sony ICF-SW7600G which can step up
and down the HF bands in 1kHz or 5kHz steps.

The K3 has a big heavy knob and a keypad and RS-232 serial control via
PC. It can be tuned in 1 Hz increments. It has sync detection and
virtually infintely variable final IF width. You have room for 5 first
IF roofing filters from 200 KHz (for CW and digital modes) to I think
around 3500 to 4k wide band for music and entertainment.

I really like my K3.
Old June 18th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 18, 5:50*am, dave wrote:
Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:

Up and Down buttons can be used in this way, but they're not as good.
I do a fair but of tuning around with my Sony ICF-SW7600G which can step up
and down the HF bands in 1kHz or 5kHz steps.

The K3 has a big heavy knob and a keypad and RS-232 serial control via
PC. *It can be tuned in 1 Hz increments. *It has sync detection and
virtually infintely variable final IF width. *You have room for 5 first
IF roofing filters from 200 *KHz (for CW and digital modes) to I think
around 3500 to 4k wide band for music and entertainment.

I really like my K3.

Can it go to 6k wide? Better for AM voice and music...
Old June 19th 10, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 18, 5:50 am, wrote:
Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:

Up and Down buttons can be used in this way, but they're not as good.
I do a fair but of tuning around with my Sony ICF-SW7600G which can step up
and down the HF bands in 1kHz or 5kHz steps.

The K3 has a big heavy knob and a keypad and RS-232 serial control via
PC. It can be tuned in 1 Hz increments. It has sync detection and
virtually infintely variable final IF width. You have room for 5 first
IF roofing filters from 200 KHz (for CW and digital modes) to I think
around 3500 to 4k wide band for music and entertainment.

I really like my K3.

Can it go to 6k wide? Better for AM voice and music...

Add $126

http://www.elecraft.com/elecraft_prod_list.htm