Old June 17th 10, 09:21 PM
Junior Member

Default Advice on shortwave radio to purchase?

Afternoon. Looking for a radio with AM/FM/SW and WX capacity. Only one I seem to be able to find is the Kaito 1121. Not particularly interesting choice as I'm not really looking to fin an MP3 recorder/player. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Cheers,
Old June 18th 10, 05:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

knopfler72 wrote:

Afternoon. Looking for a radio with AM/FM/SW and WX capacity. Only one I
seem to be able to find is the Kaito 1121. Not particularly interesting
choice as I'm not really looking to fin an MP3 recorder/player. Any
help/advice is greatly appreciated. Cheers,

By WX I assume you are referring to the 160Mhz NOAA broadcasts?

They are US only, which limits the market. Since IMHO most SW receivers
are NOT sold in the US (that's another discussion, not now please beyond
yes or no) no one wants to pay for something they can not use, and
therefore it is rare in an SW receiver.

Geoff.

I do multitasking. If that bothers you, file a complaint and I will start
ignoring it immediately.