Old July 3rd 10, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WLS - Jake Hartford

I just heard on WLS (890 Chicago) that Jake Hartford will be hosting the Roe
Conn Show on Monday, 5 July, from 2 PM to 6 PM CDT.

That should be interesting!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 3rd 10, 02:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 3, 9:29*am, dxAce wrote:
I just heard on WLS (890 Chicago) that Jake Hartford will be hosting the Roe
Conn Show on Monday, 5 July, from 2 PM to 6 PM CDT.

That should be interesting!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ugh, I can't get it - I don't think. :-( I get 880 but not 890.

Maybe if I fire up the Hammarlund, but I couldn't find 880 on my
inside radios with no external antennas.
Old July 3rd 10, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 3, 6:52*am, Gregg wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:29*am, dxAce wrote:

I just heard on WLS (890 Chicago) that Jake Hartford will be hosting the Roe
Conn Show on Monday, 5 July, from 2 PM to 6 PM CDT.

That should be interesting!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ugh, I can't get it - I don't think. :-( I get 880 but not 890.

Maybe if I fire up the Hammarlund, but I couldn't find 880 on my
inside radios with no external antennas.

Wow! He is bragging about thiis great DX catch! Successfully
receiving a 50kw clear channel station about 100 miles away across
Lake Michigan. Very impressive. No wonder he has to resort to self-
appointed titles proclaiming his expertise!
Old July 3rd 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

" wrote:

On Jul 3, 6:52 am, Gregg wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:29 am, dxAce wrote:

I just heard on WLS (890 Chicago) that Jake Hartford will be hosting the Roe
Conn Show on Monday, 5 July, from 2 PM to 6 PM CDT.

That should be interesting!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ugh, I can't get it - I don't think. :-( I get 880 but not 890.

Maybe if I fire up the Hammarlund, but I couldn't find 880 on my
inside radios with no external antennas.

Wow! He is bragging about thiis great DX catch!

Did I say or state that it was a 'great DX catch', clown 'tard?

Successfully
receiving a 50kw clear channel station about 100 miles away across
Lake Michigan. Very impressive. No wonder he has to resort to self-
appointed titles proclaiming his expertise!

No expertise required, **** head, I just turn the radio on.

Please, think before you post.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 4th 10, 04:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 7/3/10 09:37 , dxAce wrote:

" wrote:

On Jul 3, 6:52 am, wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:29 am, wrote:

[...]

Truth is, with the noise around here, you often get WLS better
than I do.

Old July 4th 10, 05:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 3, 11:24*pm, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 7/3/10 09:37 , dxAce wrote:

" wrote:

On Jul 3, 6:52 am, *wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:29 am, *wrote:

[...]

I know. It didn't make sense yesterday, I can get 890 - but for some
reason yesterday something was going on. I don't know. But I can hear
it right now just like WLW, go figure. {?}
Old July 4th 10, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

On 7/3/10 09:37 , dxAce wrote:

" wrote:

On Jul 3, 6:52 am, wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:29 am, wrote:

[...]

Comes in like a 'local' here during the day. Sometimes, at night, and more often in
winter, I do get some selective fading at times.

I listen to WLS for a good many hours during the day.

Old July 5th 10, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 07/03/2010 08:23 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 7/3/10 08:52 , Gregg wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:29 am, wrote:
I just heard on WLS (890 Chicago) that Jake Hartford will be hosting
the Roe
Conn Show on Monday, 5 July, from 2 PM to 6 PM CDT.

That should be interesting!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ugh, I can't get it - I don't think. :-( I get 880 but not 890.

WLSAM.com

I listened to WLS around 1960, then after I moved to California they
became not only a non-clear channel broadcaster but changed their venue
from new rock and roll to an adults themed boredom station. PFFFTTT.
Bill Baka
I used to get their top of the chart "Silver Dollar Surveys" from about
1958 to 1962, which of course got lost in the move to Crapofornia.
Old July 6th 10, 02:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

--
MikeK
"dxAce" wrote in message

amdx wrote:

--
MikeK
On 7/3/10 08:52 , Gregg wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:29 am, wrote:
I just heard on WLS (890 Chicago) that Jake Hartford will be hosting
the Roe
Conn Show on Monday, 5 July, from 2 PM to 6 PM CDT.

That should be interesting!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ugh, I can't get it - I don't think. :-( I get 880 but not 890.

WLSAM.com

I listened to WLS around 1960, then after I moved to California they
became not only a non-clear channel broadcaster but changed their venue
from new rock and roll to an adults themed boredom station. PFFFTTT.
Bill Baka
I used to get their top of the chart "Silver Dollar Surveys" from about
1958 to 1962, which of course got lost in the move to Crapofornia.

I was a youngster in the 60's,when we visited my cousins in Dowagiac Mi.
they always had WLS playing.
I'm in the panhandle of Fl. now, I can get it a night, but a good signal
only in the winter.
Mike
I have only got WBZ for about 30 second during the last 15 years.
That was my favorite middle of the night station, any body remember the
name of the host that was on at about 2 am back then?

Was it Larry Glick, or was it someone else at that time.

I will say that WBZ comes in not too well anymore for some reason, not
like it
did back in the 80's.

Yes, It was Larry.
I remember him making calls to pay phones, he turned those into a lot of
fun.
Mike